Hardware [help]! My keyboard has started opening shortcuts when pressing keys.

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi everyone! Recently I have been having some problems with my KROM KERNEL TKL mechanical keyboard, I got it second hand alongside my PC and it has served me well for about a year now already. But just about a week ago, quite a bit of problems have shown up. Every time I boot up my PC or even just unplug my keyboard, it t goes straight to the custom color config mode. After exiting that by holding FN+PRINT SCREEN it seems to work until a 'special key' like 'E' is pressed, then it proceeds to hold down shift and only open all kinds of shortcuts instead of pressing the designated keys. The only way to fix the problem is to first press tab and/or caps (If not it wouldn't work for some reason) and press the reset keyboard combination (FN+ESC+F1, F3, F5), and finally restart my pc every time I want to do something.

I have tried a couple of things, like uninstalling the drivers from the device manager but nothing seems to work. My best guess for the origin of this problem is either me cleaning it with alcohol and turning it on while it might not have dried yet, pressing some keys while my PC was booting up, or setting some macro by accident.

Has anyone had this problem? Any help would be appreciated!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE