Help, my DSi camera won't work

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by nextnomura, May 22, 2011.

1. nextnomura
    OP

nextnomura Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2004
    Indonesia
    at first, i dont know where to put this question, so i decided to put it here, my question is not related to any flashcart or other hack device.
    FYI i bought the DSi in australia 6 months ago and i live in indonesia, i never used any flashcart on my DSi. there is no official nintendo office here in indonesia, so i can't really use my 1 year warranty and also i can't find any local game store that can help me to repair this problem, they said that i need to bring my DSi to another city so they can repair it.
    and now, i don't know why, the camera is not working. everytime i press the camera button (L&R at the DSi menu) or use any camera related software (like warioware snapped or my sims camera), it always get me into a black screen says "An Error Occurred. Press and hold POWER to turn the system off." i don't know what happen to the DSi, my little sister that usually use the DSi. i tried to format and update the firmware but it doesn't fix the problem.

is anyone can help me? what can i do to repair it?
    or i need to bring it to the another city that peoples tells me?

thanks in advance. sorry for my bad english.

2. adamshinoda

adamshinoda GBAtemp Regular

Apr 24, 2011
    Ha Noi
    Maybe the cable is loose [​IMG]

3. Cuelhu

Cuelhu GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver

May 19, 2010
    Brazil
    Fantasy Land
    how old is your sister? Maybe it broke because of misuse.

4. hunter291

hunter291 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 14, 2007
    Gambia, The
    wtf are you talking about ? oO

5. nextnomura
    OP

nextnomura Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2004
    Indonesia
    thanks for the reply guys.

@Cuelhu
    she's about 17 years old, but she's a really careless person. i dont know if she dropped the DSi.

so is there anything i can do to fix this?
    or i need to disassemble the DSi?