Dapianokid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, help!

1)

I've hacked a lot of Wiis in the past but this one is bugging me.
White Wii. Idk how old.
It isn't connected to the internet, I don't have any of the games that are compatible with exploits either. When I try to load the system settings menu, the music plays for about 6 seconds, and then cuts out. Black screen. Nothin'.

No internet channel either, not that it'd help. Don't know my MAC address.

I'm pretty sure the only way to fix this would be to install the HBC on it and reinstall the system menu, something I was trying to do anyway.

I am confusion? I heard about bluebomb, but I'm hoping maybe there's some unlisted exploits out there that are harder to find than Flashhax and str2hax.

2)
I have a black wii with no gamecube ports on it. It has Priiloader installed, and HBC. No bootmii on boot2. Black screen on startup.

I can get into Priiloader, but it always just tries to load the system menu. I tried changing the .ini file associated with it and it wouldn't autoboot HBC like I tried to get it to. No synced Wiimotes. ZERO way to control the priiloader.

I DO have a NAND backup for it. It bricked itself (my first brick!) after I installed CGTP(?) Revolution on it and let it run for a week and then it FINaLLY registered my console, only for me to turn it off and it be a brick. I think CTGP broked it.

Any takers?

Last edited by Dapianokid,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First Wii with semibrick stubbornly not going to System Settings:
  • For sake of completeness: Try maintenance mode.
  • Bluebomb sounds possible. Not sure if it has yet been tested on regular Wii (not following this very much). – or –
  • Get an exploitable game + SD (non-HC ≤ 2GB) –or –
  • Disassemble the Wii until you can see the WiFi board [ifixit.com]. The number on the last picture starting with 00 ending with 55 does look like a MAC address and the online "Letterbomb" service accepts it (the services checks if the entered number is plausible for a Wii).
Second Wii with fullbrick, Priiloader and no synced Wii remote:
  • Get your soldering iron ready and solder in GameCube controller port(s) –or–
  • Sync a Wii remote: Fix Wii Remote Sync on Wii[…] (also requires disassembling – to get the Bluetooth MAC address this time)
For the future: install the latest beta version of Priiloader on a Wii without GC controller ports to get BootMii-like navigation with the console buttons (USB keyboard support is planned).

Good luck!

Dapianokid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some stuff

Unbelievably helpful, timely response. Thank you so much.

I'll try the bottom two bullet points tomorrow morning, for the first wii.

Second wii, is there a guide anywhere on soldering in GC controller ports? I haven't soldered in a bit, would be helpful.
I'm gonna try all of this. So much useful information! I had no idea how easy it was to break a Wii with hacking was until I took it back up this past month or two.

Will update with results. Again, thank you! Luck engoodening!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo