ROM Hack [HELP] MH4U retail save backup problem

Jan Tan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I am not sure if this is the right forum to post but an admin can move it. I was able to backup my retail cartridge and save of MH4U using GW backup option. The ROM (.3dz) is working perfectly but the .sav file does not work on it at all.

I have read in the forums that I need to have NTR CFW + SDF to make my .sav working with my ROM. I was going to do this until I learned that installing NTR CFW requires a NAND 4.5 (sys or emu??) while my sysNAND is 4.2 and emuNAND is 9.8. I am using an O3DS by the way.

Is it possible for someone to make my .sav file working with my ROM if I attach my .sav here? If any, can someone link me on how to upgrade my sysNand 4.2 to sysNand 4.5? I do have an extra SD card, maybe I can use that to make an emuNand 4.5?

Thanks a lot!

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is your save PAL? If so, I could import it to my game and do it for you.

Else, I'm pretty sure NTR will work on 4.2, since most things designed for 4.5 will also work on that firmware, so look into NTR 1.0 and the save data plugin.

EDIT: As an added note, it's sysNAND you need the lower firmware on, not emuNAND.

Jan Tan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is your save PAL? If so, I could import it to my game and do it for you.

Else, I'm pretty sure NTR will work on 4.2, since most things designed for 4.5 will also work on that firmware, so look into NTR 1.0 and the save data plugin.

EDIT: As an added note, it's sysNAND you need the lower firmware on, not emuNAND.
My game is NA. And thank you for letting me know about the sysNand requirement. I will look into installing NTR CFW 1.0 in my system.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My game is NA. And thank you for letting me know about the sysNand requirement. I will look into installing NTR CFW 1.0 in my system.
Best of luck in your endeavours! If you'd like, I could always try to import your US save into my EU game, but I can't give you any promises as to whether it'll work.

Reactions: Jan Tan

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How difficult would it be to migrate it from US to EU then back to US?
Well I have zero know-how in this topic ^^" I'd literally just be renaming the file and seeing if it'd work... I can't imagine there to be too many differences between versions so it coooooouuuuullllldddd work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo