Hacking Homebrew app help me

Seamaster8899

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Kindly help me out...

I am from India and I hve the American Wii console...some how without an internet connection I managed to install letterbomb, bootmii,the homebrew channel & the priiloader and configured by enabling the necessary settings such as ,

1.region check everything - enabled
2.update wii... - enabled

All these thing I did is without changing the DNS addresses as mentioned in the videoS on youtube... i.e, without internet connection

now I am unable to install d2x cIOS installer as d2x cIOS installer is downloading some file for which internet is required..! Saying failed - hence i am unable to install USB loaderGX to play games via usb.

As my wii console is not connected to any wifi network d2x cIOS installer is getting failed eachtime...
My question is can I connect to my wifi...as it is softmodded ( installed bootmii & the homebrew channel & priiloader) ....or should I change the dns 0r the ip addresses as mentioned in the videos...??

If I connect my console to wifi with or without these dns settings will it get bricked...?? Or will it brick only when I click on "OK" for an update..??

Kindly help me out pls I want to connect my wiii console to internet without getting my console bricked.

TonyMax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can connect to wifi without a problem but I can't remember if I changed DNS settings or not. If I remember right, one of the reasons for changing DNS was so Nintendo updates would be blocked. That was more for years ago when FW was changing.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Use Modmii's main wizard as if the wii were a virgin, even if it isn't, It's okay to repeat steps.

Or use modmii's syscheck updater wizard

Directions on running and posting a syscheck can be found here
https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

Afterwards just drag and drop your syscheck.csv onto modmii.exe and it will analyze it and make some recommendations for u. It will give u all the files needed and generate a custom guide for u to follow

Edit: you can safely connect to the internet, but I would advise against official updates. If the console was poorly region changed and originally Korean an official update could load to 003 brick. The process I described above can update u without this risk, and with the wii offline (or online makes no difference)

Last edited by XFlak,

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you have access to an internet connection (which I assume totally possible because you're here) and access to a SDCard slot (on phone) you can manually download the required cIOS to the root of your SDCard in order to do a manual installation.

Just don't ask me where to download such cIOS because that's illegal.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Official updates are generally safe, they will only brick consoles that were originally Korean, and region changed to a dif region, and the Korean Key is still in the Seeprom, and a custom ios80 isn't previously installed (i. E. Ios60 installed to slot 80).

Modmii will have u remove the Korean key using Korean kii when region changing. It will also have u install a one-size fits all system menu IOS to all system menu IOS slots. Modmii's standard softmod uses the same custom system menu IOS so even if not using modmii for the region change, updating using the main Modmii Wizard will be safe even in these rare scenarios

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup