Gaming Help me remember an old PC Tetris game

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to remember an old Tetris game we had on the PC way back. I remember when you loaded the game, it gave you a page number, line number, and word number for you to look up in the manual and enter to start (to prevent piracy). It might have been DOS, I can't be sure though. But the backgrounds all seemed very Russian. One of the backgrounds was the church from Russia (http://cdn.churchm.ag/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/churches-russia-e1310923643750.jpg). Another I believe was a circus picture. And the music was awesome.

Any ideas on what Tetris game this might have been?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sounds like the "original" Tetris of the Atari ST or Tengen's Tetris for the NES to me, not like a PC game... but there may be a clone of it available for the PC.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Perhaps it was Spectrum Holobyte's version of Tetris:
Spectrum_Holobyte_Tetris_Level_0.png

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
it's going to be hard to find, I'd guess.
Remember jumpman that the owners of the Tetris licence/copyrights are anal about it and take down every single game they see that isnt licenced by them or that doesn't profit them. I got a letter from their lawyers a while back forcing me to take down some files hosted on GBAtemp, some Tetris homebrew for the DS.
Besides there are a lot of licenced Tetris games...

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5