Hacking Help me please! I deleted IOS36

lufere7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well hi I'm new to this forum I would like to ask for some help.
Yesterday I installed HBC and everything worked just fine I had some apps and they worked perfectly except Wad manager and Wad Installer so I did some research and I found out how to make it work so the problem was that I needed to restore the trucha bug to the IOS36(or something like that, I just started and I'm no expert) everything was fine until the step where I needed to uninstall stub IOS, I deleted IOS 222, 223, 249 and 250 (or that's what I thought so :S) In the next step I needed to install cIOS249-rev17 and that's where my problem started. I needed to install the cIOS with IOS36 but I couldn´t see it anywhere I tought it was no problem so I restarted my wii but when I enter the homebrew channel some apps stop working like wii64 so I found out that I deleted IOS36(I don't know when or how but I deleted it but the most probable option is that I deleted it along with the stub IOS) so I tried to install it again with WAD manager(It stil worked I don´t know why) so I did it but it appeared the same error that appeared before all this so I restarted but SURPRISE! all my apps stopped working so please I'd like you to help me restore IOS36(If there is a way)
I hope you can help me please.
Thanks in advance

muck chucker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just grab the offical ios 36 that should Install no problem
as it's offical and then install your cios 222,249 things like that if that don't work maybe reinstalling the homebrew channel after you install 36 will help.

lufere7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
muck chucker said:
Just grab the offical ios 36 that should Install no problem
as it's offical and then install your cios 222,249 things like that if that don't work maybe reinstalling the homebrew channel after you install 36 will help.
Ummm sorry for my ignorance but where can I find the oficcial IOS36? and I can't install IOS because wad manager doesn't work

QUOTE(dn_angel000 @ Jul 29 2010, 03:35 AM) Just run an update!! lol
but if I update my wii It will brick won't it? (I have version 4.2U)

lufere7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ocdetective said:
DOP-Mii or NUSAD to re-install IOS36
sorry to be so persistent(I'm a novice) but i can't run any app because I don't have IOS36 and most apps depend on that IOS, and by NUSAD you refer to NUS downloader? because I already downloaded IOS36 with that but I can´t install it because Wad manager doesn´t work

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really!! lol The only thing an update does is updates the IOSs and replaces the current version with the latest version the update provides!! lol So no doubt u'll get IOS36 back but the difference will b that it's just been updated!! lol Then U can just downgrade back 2 SM 4.2!! lol

lufere7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
dn_angel000 said:
Not really!! lol The only thing an update does is updates the IOSs and replaces the current version with the latest version the update provides!! lol So no doubt u'll get IOS36 back but the difference will b that it's just been updated!! lol Then U can just downgrade back 2 SM 4.2!! lol
But to downgrade the 4.3 update I need Lego Indiana Jones or SSB Brawl don´t I? And I have neither so I don´t think I can do it. Isn´t there another way?

Posts merged

dn_angel000 said:
But to downgrade the 4.3 update I need Lego Indiana Jones or SSB Brawl don´t I? And I have neither so I don´t think I can do it. Isn´t there another way?

Posts merged
dn_angel000 said:

QUOTE(dn_angel000 @ Jul 29 2010, 04:24 AM)

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What he said. IF you don't have those games, rent them from your local video store. Also.... you really need to read before you go through all this WII modding stuff.... not bashing you but it can be tricky. It's not like a PSP or a PS2.

Wynd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo