Help making R4i work

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by lostinlife, Aug 6, 2009.

Aug 6, 2009

Help making R4i work by lostinlife at 1:29 AM (838 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. lostinlife
    OP

Newcomer lostinlife Newbie

United States
    I just got a R4i for my cousin. It was the ultra one that directs you to go the r4ultra.com website to download the kernel and comes in that black box. The problem is that when I downloaded the kernel and copied it onto the R4i and put it in my cousin's dsi, all I got was the loading screen that went nowhere. And I put in a nds file to try to see if the game would work as well. I tried a bunch of other firmware from other sites, but they don't work either. I had used a 2 gb micro sd card at first, and after the firmware failed, I went to go buy a 4 gb micro sdhc and tried all the firmware again, but it still won't work. The box said that it supported 4 gb sdhc cards and above. Can anyone please help me to figure out what I can do? My Uncle will get really pissed at me as he paid for the r4i and the 4 gb sd card if the r4i doesn't work.

I also tried formatting the micro sd cards which didn't work either. Is there a other firmware I'm suppose to use? Oh and he has the v1.3 update on his dsi if that's any help.

I don't need it to have cheats or anything fancy as its just for a 5 year old to play on, so anything will be fine.

2. gamereaper3

Newcomer gamereaper3 Newbie

United States
    I think I am giving up on my R4i. I can get mine to the menu just cant load any NDS games.

3. KevInChester

Member KevInChester GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I know this is probably condescending, but are you 100% certain you have extracted the firmware correctly, ie folder structure is correct?