OP
Trophies
Website
megagamerz.synthasite.com
XP
Country
United States
I really need help

i have a wii with 3.2u + twilight hack and homebrew channel, i bought it like that from a kid, any ways i updated it to 4.0u and my homebrew channal was still there but when i went to play my legend of zelda twilight princess , my data and twilight hack is gone, i went to put files such as cios installer and backup launcher gama 0.3 in the apps folder,i went on my homebrew channal and i seen the files on my wii , i clicked cios installer and it loaded to 0% and wont go higher, it wont load my files please some 1 help me!!!!!!!!!!

Ive Never ever installed anything with the homebrew channal please tell me a solution

2yugimoto

OP
Trophies
Website
megagamerz.synthasite.com
XP
Country
United States
I really need help

i have a wii with 3.2u + twilight hack and homebrew channel, i bought it like that from a kid, any ways i updated it to 4.0u and my homebrew channal was still there but when i went to play my legend of zelda twilight princess , my data and twilight hack is gone, i went to put files such as cios installer and backup launcher gama 0.3 in the apps folder,i went on my homebrew channal and i seen the files on my wii , i clicked cios installer and it loaded to 0% and wont go higher, it wont load my files please some 1 help me!!!!!!!!!!

Ive Never ever installed anything with the homebrew channal please tell me a solution

Dont Tell me im screwd Just give me a solution

Posts merged

give solution only

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
The above mentioned cIOS file is required to run files from the HBC, particularly the ones involving installing more things, or downgrading back to 3.2.

From what we gather, you did not install any cIOS file. That means you're stuck. I'm not saying that to be rude, but until a new exploit (to replace the twilight hack) is found, you're stuck with the version you're on.

There are rumours of an exploit in the wii data management section, allowing you to install/run the HBC from the SD. I first heard of these rumours on April 1st, so I'm sceptical.
There are also rumours of a method to use the update file of any official (and slightly old) game to overwrite v4.0. Nobody has confirmed it either, so this may also be scratched as rumour.

Another method you could try, is hardmodding it. Buy a chip, put it in, update to the latest version, and hopefully it'll work with 4.0. I prefer softmodding though, so I know nothing about modchips.

Good luck to you, and if you can't find a solution, enjoy buying your games from now on
biggrin.gif

pumkinut

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
2yugimoto said:
umm how abut if i downgrade to 3.2 , will i be able to do it?
And just how would you go about downgrading if you can't launch any homebrew utilities i.e. IOS Downgrader or cIOS Downgrader? Hmmmm? Instead of being prickish and childishly demanding a solution, maybe you should listen to the posters. There's nothing you can do right now, short of getting a chip. That's the long and short of it.

There may be a new hack/exploit, there may not be. Your choice is this, live with what you have, wait to see if anything new emerges on the software scene, or get a chip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool