Homebrew [help] Issues with Braindump nobody else is having

00technocolor00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right so, Im trying to dump Fire Emblem:Fates but like immediately after choosing it in Braindump the bottom screen freezes red and the top is completely black except for a single little pixel in the bottom left corner just to mock me. Ive retried about 5 times
But then like, I was able to dump Pokemon Alpha Sapphire no problem first go in only around 45 mins?
If you check the Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch thread you'll find that it works fine with both the digital and physical NA copies, as dumping the rom is needed in order to play HANS patches.
Ive tried looking up things about braindump crashing but its only with unsupported games.
Im pretty sure Ive got the up to date version of Braindump (1.0) but there was another download on GitHub for Braindump also posted by Neobrain?
https://github.com/neobrain/braindump
and
https://github.com/neobrain/braindump/releases
I downloaded from the second link as thats the one linked to on Wololo.net.
So am I supposed to use the build in the first that talks about building Braindump with devkitARM and ctrulib? Like that one with the extra braindump file is needed for more recent games maybe?? I couldnt figure out how do anything with devkit after I ran the pro installer updater thing. Like I tried typing the exact thing listed on the wiki for starting up your project and got zip so I guess I installed it wrong??? Dont even know if thats what I even need!

uuhg all I wanna do is get Kanna and Nina like I should but noooooo I have to hack it cus gay parents in a video game would cause riots. (It wouldnt even be hard to implement like sergeant parenthood has been around for hundreds of years now whats the deal??)

That train wreck aside, if I cant get Braindump and HANS working (That also crashed to red) would it be possible to insert characters into my save file who would act like normal units with supports and such? Like force their paralogues to be open or tell the game I completed their paralogues and thus are supposed to be there unlike say, Chrom if you hack him in.

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Shirokami~

Shirokami~

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Same happens to me, too. I'm on Firmware 11.0 and I'm tryin to dump FE:Fates Digital EU Ver.

I'm so close to this patch .-.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout