Gaming Help in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite!

Yanazake

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey there, I'm HR4 in the game, using a female huntress [if that does matter...] and I'm having some problems to improve my equipment.

I currently have Ceanataur set at level 13, Blango set at level 12, some gunlances [the strongest ones being Imperial GL, Deep Fisher and Blizzard GL], some longswords [Blango Decimator, Wyvern Blade "Fall", and Bk Katana Mk. II], and some hammers [Crystal Nova, Conehead Hammer+ and Dead Revolver].

There are also some weapons waiting for materials [Agito, to be turned into a LS, and Tarnished Hammer, which I dunno which upgrade I should do]
The rest is probably crap.

I'd like to ask what kind of set should be good for me to change into. People keep saying that Tigrex set is good, but I can't really see why... And I can't really use a GS. My basic weapon is the Gunlance, and Longswords or Hammers go for specific monsters.

So, any help on how to advance?

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i need to know how far you are in the elder missions to properly advise you.

for low low rank -> kutku armor
for high low rank -> garuga armor
for low high rank -> garuga armor
for mid-high high rank -> ceanataur s armor
G rank: lots of different sets.
(these are for blademaster)

for hammers i would say make kutku pick for low rank, the second garuga hammer for mid high rank, and the narga hammer for high high rank.

i dont use long swords.

i dont really use gunlances either

ravager blade + is a really good GS for low rank. you should really try GS, if you know the timings, it can really dish out the damage. while the LS can kill some things faster, LS really takes a lot more skill than most of the people who use it have.

Yanazake

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I know LS is hard, but I found it faster and easier than GL for simpler quests. I tend to hunt Blagonga with my "Fall" blade on low ranks just for the fangs, and some common quests like slaying various lesser monsters or delivering items.
I go with GL for the bosses, so I can give good damage, deal two types of element, and defend myself. The hammer is for slower and harder things, like the carapaceons. [even tho I can fight Daimyo and Shogun with GL now]

I have access to the 2nd level of quests from the Village Elder's cat, I think. So, yeah, I have access to the Old Forest, Old Jungle, Old Desert.. the oldies~ I just didn't go there because the cat said [I DID pay attention to all that meowning!] that for gathering, it would be better to go for the guild quests.

Problem is, it's getting harder to advance with my armor alone. How further can I improve the first Ceanataur armor? Because I dunno when exactly I'll be able to get a new Ceanataur set [hoping it has sharpening and sharpness skills]

And serously, I'm already slow enought with the GL, I tried ALL weapons, and even tho I started with dual blades, I just had to switch to something safer and stronger. I was really bad with the GS timing >:

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah, but the GS can put down MASSIVE damage all at once... and people who call it slow are definitely using it improperly. its actually the most mobile - after doing an attack, sheathe it and wait for another opportunity to attack, you can sprint around in the mean time to find another opportunity to attack.

dont be fooled by the fact that your LS's have the same amount of raw damage as your GS's, 1000 LS raw > 1000 GS raw since there are attack multipliers and such after that.

LS fanboiz will tell you that the full spirit combo will do more damage than a 3 charged GS, this is true, but the full combo takes longer than a 3charge GS attack, and good luck finding a monster that will stand still long enough for you to do the whole combo, and good luck landing all of those attacks on the same weakspot.

Yanazake

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Heh, Like I said, it's like a side weapon, I REALLY go with the Gunlance and sometimes the hammer, more than the LS.

So, really, should I just stay with my Ceanataur set at the max available level? or should I hunt some hi-level shogun ceanataurs for the next set? [hoping they're not as madly harder as the Rathalos... the thing just gives too much damage x_x]

Yanazake

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Lol, I mistook myself, I only had acess to the first group on the Cat, and the second in the guild. xD

Anyway, I'm trying to advance so I can do some better armor. The brand new Khezu Gunlance [forgot the name] should help against the two monoblos, but they are thought anyway
ohnoes.png

Yanazake

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I'll manage to do it sooner or later. I forgot Sonic Bombs in the first try xD Just need to adapt and defend their moves...

One thing that was bugging me was their tail, which was giving me a hard time to defend...

----
edit:
I've just found out that if I stay near the right leg when they attack with the tail, I have extra chances of fully defending or evading the attack x3 But still failing two times on black, and last one on white
ohnoes.png

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
u know the tail is the weakest part right?

pellet gunning the tail is pretty amazing on blos.

GSing the tail works, but takes skill to hit when you lop the tail off and only have a little nub to aim for.

last time i did this quest, it was with garuga armor, and kutku pick. charge your super pound while they are underground (you will figure out the timing eventually so you dont use too much stamina) and superpound their tail when they pop up.

other than that, their weakness is ice, so if you have a good ice gunlance, use that.

Yanazake

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I managed to defeat them! \o/ without dying! :wtf: about 3 minutes remaining to fail the quest xD

I did part of the ceanataur U armor [think it was better than the S version, because of the -40 def on the full set
ohnoes.png
] and I'm thinking what to do with the two missing pieces [chest and helmet]
Probably I'll mix the armor sets or complete the U version... But at least I know my next armor, the Borealis set :3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.