United States
Okay, So far I have...
Got HBC on my wii
ran wad ios16-64-v257-prod-wad
load ios downgrader
load cios downgrader to 3.2u
loaded starfall with all of its components
ran cios installer
loaded install shop ios51, said yes to ios51, yes to hash check, yes to patching, no to wii shop channel
loaded DJTaz gamma loader
loaded ios38-64-v3609.wad

Now I want to use Noob's guide here. But I wanted to know what to do to ensure I dont load the same channel twice.

Simplest Is best, and thank you guys so much for all your help in this stressful time. (I Bought my wii today just to do twilight hack).

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
what are you exactly talking about when you say "don't load the same channel twice"?? and why you didn't install the Shop Channel...??

BTW: if you didn't install the cIOS_fix.wad, I really doub you really are in 3.2, or the IOS downgrader 1.0 worked

Fildy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
what are you exactly talking about when you say "don't load the same channel twice"?? and why you didn't install the Shop Channel...??

BTW: if you didn't install the cIOS_fix.wad, I really doub you really are in 3.2, or the IOS downgrader 1.0 worked

I already have wiigator gamma loader. I am in 3.2 and the ios downgrader did work. I succesfully have put starfall (i think idk how to check, but hte install went smootly) and the city folk fix on there. The problem is I want to use noob's wads too minus the gamma loader because I already have that. I cannot figure out to get the boot.dol to work properly. I have changed the boot.mod that comes in the pack to a boot.dol succesfully changing the file type, put it in the root of my sd card, along with a folder for softchip, www for pulling game data off of wii games via wifi, and a wad folder.

I do think that i solved the problem of getting the .dol file to work, but my problem is still that I dont know how to make sure i dont put the gamma loader on there twice. If i knew that skipping step 4 of this guide would only affect the gamma loader, i would do that, but i am awaiting confirmation of this from someone.

Fildy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update, I figured out how to load the wads from noob's guide, i just want to make sure that skipping step 4 is essentially just loading the wiigator gamma loader, which i already installed through the eoc gamma loader guide (same guide i used to do twilight hack, downgrade from 3.3 to 3.2 and so on and so forth. I have already tried backing up my copy of mario kart, and it works through the wiigator gamma loader, but I would like to have the other loaders as well so I can play any game I back up.

Also I did use the cios_fix.wad as well, i just forgot to mention it. I followed the other guide I got step by step and it works like i said, I just want to add the other loaders, as well as be able to play dvds.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
all the aplications need to be renamed to boot.dol (thing that you have already done) but they don't go in the root of your SD, they have to go each one in his own folder (with the name you like) and then inside the "apps" folder in the root of your SD, like this

SD:/apps/backup_launcher/boot.dol

got it...???
smile.gif

Fildy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
all the aplications need to be renamed to boot.dol (thing that you have already done) but they don't go in the root of your SD, they have to go each one in his own folder (with the name you like) and then inside the "apps" folder in the root of your SD, like this

SD:/apps/backup_launcher/boot.dol

got it...???
smile.gif

Okay, I think I understand what you are saying now. I installed the 3 loaders as well as a disc dumper, I dont think noob included a dvd player in his pack, so i will need to figure out how to load other apps, but that doesnt seem like it will be too hard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ?draeh ton uoy evaH