Nagaa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
I have a customer switch v1 to repair with prior attempt on the USB C Port with a lot of missing pad,
i replace the M92T36 and restored the pad needed to get charging on both side and the USB Data line to get RCM injection working
It work i got fast charging on both side, but no detect when plugged in RCM mode and i found out the USB Data line D+ was reading OL on the motherboard so not a soldering problem (same issue on D- here)

I inspected the board to see if i can found where the problem coming from when i found 2 missing component :
IMG20210707222741.jpg
I don't have any value for this component from what i can see it's a diode and a capacitor ?
Can it be related with the problem above because apart the usb problem the switch work fine but the customer really want to get rcm working on his switch

Thanks

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
The D+ and D- lines are on the opposite side of the PCB so I don't think that that the issue is related to those missing components.
Besides a filter, they go straight into the BM92T36.

The components all seem to be related to the MAX77620 chip which is used as a charge controller.
https://www.tronicsfixforum.com/upl...50b0c129da91f3a1611ec1151664658204217c3a.jpeg
I couldn't find better close ups so I don't know the values.
In case you really can't find the part numbers, you could try to use the same diode that is used nearby.
I also couldn't find a datasheet for the MAX77620. Maybe there is a reference design in there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)