HELP!!! I turn on my comppy today...

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Canonbeat234, Dec 8, 2008.

Dec 8, 2008
  1. Canonbeat234
    OP

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    When I tried to access to my username account, it resets itself before I can do anything else. So I have to log inside the Owner's username. When I for out what the problem was, it told me that there's an error on the RAM or something that's hardward related.

Look I just had this PC fixed with a new motherboard, new RAM, New Hard drive (The old one died this year for whatever reason I can't seem to remember), DVD Drive, New Power Supply and New Fan Cooler. I don't want this baby dying on me before the hoildays, hopefully that wish isn't coming true! [​IMG]

2. Joey R.

Banned Joey R. Banned

Spain
    If it says something about being RAM-related, there's a good chance one or more RAM modules are badly connected to the motherboard. It's worth checking if they fit tightly into their respective slots.

3. Jiggah

Member Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Check to make sure everything is snugged down on the board. You might also want to run a memory test, like memtest86. It'll report if a RAM stick has gone bad.

4. Rowan

Member Rowan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    just go to the person who broke fixed your computer and tell him your computer is broken and is now as useful as a pile of clams biting the popes ass

5. Canonbeat234
    OP

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    You looking at him, so you want me to beat myself up for doing an error? No thank! [​IMG]

6. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Lol so what youve got a whole new pc now?

Anyway count yourself lucky, RAM is easy to troubleshoot and cheap to fix. Use memtest86^^ like suggested, and make sure everything is securely in the board.

Also since you just had everything pretty much replaced the work should be under warranty.