samuelson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello.
i gave my nephew my 3ds for the weekend,
and he has managed to dent my select button really bad on my 3ds.
is there any way of getting a replacement?
it looks like its only stuck on, would nintendo send me the part??
any ideas as im really gutted.
thanks all

D

Deleted User

How does a CHILD do that sort or damage really.

I think you would need to send it to Nintendo. Not something to be that easily fixed.

dangerboy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the first 3DS demo unit i tried had a dented select button. someone had almost poked a hole thru it!!

i think some people's 1st instinct is to use the stylus to press start and select because those button are so close to the touch screen.

if the 1st 3ds that i saw didnt have a dented select button then maybe i would have done the same thing just because of lazyness if the stylus was in my hand when i needed to press start/select.

it sucks to be you right now!

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
dangerboy said:
the first 3DS demo unit i tried had a dented select button. someone had almost poked a hole thru it!!

i think some people's 1st instinct is to use the stylus to press start and select because those button are so close to the touch screen.

if the 1st 3ds that i saw didnt have a dented select button then maybe i would have done the same thing just because of lazyness if the stylus was in my hand when i needed to press start/select.

I do that all the time with my stylus and mine's still minty fresh...

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jceggbert5 said:
dangerboy said:

I do that all the time with my stylus and mine's still minty fresh...

Stop doing it. The buttons are just a sticker that's placed over a button cavity.

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the Nintendo site they offer coins to trade in for swag for your reviews, I told them I thought that the home button was going to be a big problem as many people (me too) were going to need that replaced first.. it was a bad design decision, and I told them that. Traded the coins in for a semi kool ds cart case though...

WolfSpider

Trophies
Website
northernillinoisweathercenter.com
XP
Country
United States
dangerboy said:

The same thing happened to one at Bestbuy.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Call it being wise after the event, but I wouldn't trust anyone else with my things, particularly delicate electronics. Looking at the design, it doesn't seem like you could replace the Select button on its own and keep the clean design; you might have to replace the entire home row.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
samuelson said:
hello.
i gave my nephew my 3ds for the weekend,
and he has managed to dent my select button really bad on my 3ds.
is there any way of getting a replacement?
it looks like its only stuck on, would nintendo send me the part??
any ideas as im really gutted.
thanks all
In this post, a member here removed the whole sticker, to show what's underneath. Perhaps you could remove the sticker, straighten it out/remove dents, and glue it back on. It's hard to know the extent of your damage without seeing a picture.

3DS-6.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn