Hacking HELP!! I Bricked My Wii!!

Shippo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Bricked my Wii today and this is the first time I have ever had trouble with a game system. I was trying to install a hack I dont remember the name I'll have to look for my SD Card later. I had the Twilight Hack done Homebrew Channel installed etc But I didnt have Starfall preloader etc stuff like that that would of Safeguarded me from bricking my Wii. Ive seen many methods that say could fix my wii but Id like help in knowing if Im screwed or if there is a way to fix this lil dillemma im in or if I have to go to the store and buy a new one. My Firmware was 3.2 I also had Wad Manager on my System My system boots and all but only goes to the Health Screen as soon as I push A to get to the Main Menu it tells me my System Files are Corrupted *Cries* Please Help me.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have a banner brick from the sounds of it, you'll need to install a Modchip and use a autoboot wadmanager disc to remove the wad that bricked your wii

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG,

Why do some people never install BootMii or Pre-Loader..?
Installing BootMii or Pre-Loader should be on the end of every Wii hacking totorial..!!!

Sorry, this just sadins me..
frown.gif

Sorry to hear that brick bud, it sucks.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I question why people install things without even knowing their name or what they do.

I guess people like throwing away $250?

Anyway, your only chance is what wiiBlaster said, or trying SaveMiiFrii to boot twilight princess and use the twilight hack to run wad manager.

D

Deleted User

oxMUDxo said:
OMG,

Installing BootMii or Pre-Loader should be on the end of every Wii hacking totorial..!!!

frown.gif

i agree with you.

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UranusKiller said:
Sad :/ I really don't see why these kids are playing with software without any knowledge. (this case you seem to of known, but took no notice of it).

What's sad is that they join only to complain that they bricked their wii and need help!
Some even cuss us for not helping xD

Buy a modchip install it and then use a disc with wad manager to auto boot and remove the bad wad.

Yyhhggtt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well good thing i tell everyone to install bootmii FIRST before doing ANYTHING. just im nvr on this site much, oh and out of the blew, should i install bootmii was ISO?

elmachin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
I question why people install things without even knowing their name or what they do.

Anyway, your only chance is what wiiBlaster said, or trying SaveMiiFrii to boot twilight princess and use the twilight hack to run wad manager.

i totally agree with this one. I wonder what the parents say???
or do they even tell their parents....
lecture.gif

Shippo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UranusKiller said:
Sad :/ I really don't see why these kids are playing with software without any knowledge. (this case you seem to of known, but took no notice of it).

Im not a child. Im 21. I have a job etc. I had other hacks numerous ones installed before with no problem including the beta of the ps1 emulator for the wii

Posts merged

elmachin said:
TroyTheZombie said:

i totally agree with this one. I wonder what the parents say???
or do they even tell their parents....
lecture.gif

I bought this Wii with my own money. My parents are fine with the fact that I did this to my Wii its my problem I have to deal with and its nice that you//everyone has some helpful info for me.

Posts merged
elmachin said:
TroyTheZombie said:

QUOTE(xDlmaoxD @ Jun 19 2009, 03:47 PM) QUOTE(UranusKiller @ Jun 20 2009, 12:42 AM)

What's sad is that they join only to complain that they bricked their wii and need help!
Some even cuss us for not helping xD

Buy a modchip install it and then use a disc with wad manager to auto boot and remove the bad wad.

Im not like the others and if I dont get help then oh well itd be my problem Id have to deal with etc Its my fault anyways to begin with for trying to install a bad wad. So to everyone whos wanting to help and to everyone who has helpful info Thank you.

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oxMUDxo said:
OMG,

frown.gif

i might be a noob but at least I have enough sense to install preloader. even the noobs know this.
tongue.gif

I will sell you mine for $300, already modded.
tongue.gif

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
TroyTheZombie said:

this is what i would try first. youre still on 3.2 and i assume you still have the twilight hack on your wii?

plug in an original gamecube controller (if you have one, if not try and borrow one or buy one) on port 4, and hold up down left and right (may require you to unscrew it first) with zelda in the drive. hopefully it should autoboot and then you can load the twilight hack and run wad manager from there.

either that or get a mod chip and use a real recovery disc.

Shippo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Digital1980 said:
oxMUDxo said:
OMG,

frown.gif

i might be a noob but at least I have enough sense to install preloader. even the noobs know this.
tongue.gif

I will sell you mine for $300, already modded.
tongue.gif

No Thanks. I bought myself a Drivekey. I will be fixing it myself using youtube to help with everything. and I will be loading all the proper hacks before I make this mistake again >.

Shippo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to everyone for helping me with this Dillemma of mine. I have bought a Drivekey and now all I have to do is wait for it to arrive before I can begin repairing my wii and hope for the best that it will fix it. If this shall fail well then I will just have to buy myself a New Wii and Rehack it and hope for the best.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?