Help Getting My Wii Fully Functioning Again?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by El Xando, Jan 26, 2010.

Jan 26, 2010
  1. El Xando
    OP

Newcomer El Xando Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Hey,
    I would kind of like some help getting my Wii working again. I've read all your guides and have tried many things, but it's just very odd.
    I'll run you through everything I do.
    I was on 4.0E, and had the homebrew channel installed and the USB Loader GX channel by installing a cIOS 249 using WAD manager.
    I had only been using a USB stick for a while, as I was only playing NSMBW, but decided to try using my external HDD again.
    I KEPT getting DSI errors.
    I then realised that the newest Wii menu is 4.2E, and that you can homebrew that, so decided to update then redo all the homebrew.
    It didn't delete the homebrew channel, or USB Loader GX channel, but just the cIOSes so USB Loader wouldn't work properly.
    I then tried deleting as much as I could to "virginise" my Wii...
    Homebrew channel still works.
    I tried installing cIOS 36 so I could install USB Loader again, and it failed with a random error. Then I tried running it and it said something about needing cIOS 222 or 249. So I went back to the cIOS installer program and selected IOS 249. The wii controller immediately disconnects and won't reconnect and I have to turn the Wii off.

ALL I want to be able to do is play my backups off my HDD. Can someone run me through steps to do this?
    Thank you!

2. justmii

Newcomer justmii Member

France
  3. nitrostemp

Member nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    the controller is disconnecting because you might have stubs installed