Help getting a new laptop.

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by learnin2hack, Oct 9, 2013.

1. learnin2hack
    OP

learnin2hack Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2012
    Hello I am looking for a cheap (under €300) laptop. I would like it to be able to play skyrim. I would also like it to be able to play assasins creed 4 on low. I would be using linux so windows is not a requirement. I was looking at amd a series apu as an option. I an from Ireland so newegg doesn't ship. I have seen a laptop better than what I want in the US for €325 and same laptop UK for €460. Any help is appriciated. :grog:

2. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    Usually graphically intensive games like Skyrim and 'screed are typically unavailable on "cheap" laptops. AMD APUs on the other hand buck the trend, so it's a matter of finding as good an APU as you can find afford. Just don't expect anything other than low settings, and don't be surprised if it doesn't work at all.

I would say first find a website you're happy to buy from, then I can have a look to see if there are any good laptops in there. The Irish market is fairly different to the UK market, so I don't know how to find the best deals there.

EDIT: And consider the option of getting a desktop instead of a laptop. Desktops are universally cheaper and more customisable.

3. learnin2hack
    OP

learnin2hack Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2012
    I would buy from anywhere that ships to Ireland. I would prefer a laptop. I would also buy second hand. I would like the graphics preformance at least as good as an xbox at 480p on a CRT tv :)