help games wont play now

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by smiffy2112, Feb 19, 2010.

Feb 19, 2010

help games wont play now by smiffy2112 at 8:45 AM (660 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. smiffy2112
    OP

Newcomer smiffy2112 Newbie

United Kingdom
    hi there i had a jap wii running 4.2j i changed system menu to 3.2e and changed all the regions which are all fine no mismatch i can veiw system menu no problems now the problem i got is i cant play any games ive tried original games back up games no luck i just get disc reading error im wondering if its because of the d2c pro chip which is installed ... i updated to 4.2e and had the same problem so i did a reinstall of nand back to 3.2e anybody got any ideas ...

2. DKAngel

Member DKAngel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    got cios installed?

3. damysteryman

Member damysteryman I am too busy IRL these days...

Antarctica
    It's definetely your modchip.

The D2cPro is a clone of the D2Pro, right?

You'll have to disable the chip's region free, or reset it from JAP region and change it to EUR region.

Or look into priiloader instead... (You'll need to patch IOS36. (IOS is the software (system files) installed on your Wii))

4. smiffy2112
    OP

United Kingdom
    hi thanks for the quick replys yeah i think the d2cpro is the newer one .......how would i go about changing the region of the chip as the chip is the one with all the wires solderd on .....im sure i installed cios i will check that out in moment all so when i was changing the firware i had a optiojn to load the hacks so i did and i noticed that there was a region free in there as well

5. smiffy2112
    OP

United Kingdom
    ok after a research on the d2cpro chip cant find anything on changing the region of chip but what i did find was this
    Modchip disable mode
    For most users who playing original online game prefer to have the function of modchip being disabled, at this preference you can power-up the Wii by having a hold on the ‘RESET’ button on the Wii panel and then push the ‘power’ button for starting...you can see how it works here on this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqd93_uc1lI
    ok so it seems we can disable the mod chip now the problem i have is that coz i have priiloader installed cant disable because priiloader boots up ...lol so 1 is it worth uninstalling the priiloader ..2 if i do disable it will i be able to go through soft mod again to be able to run games or 3 just buy 1tb usb hdd and just run games from that lol