OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone.

I'm making this post because I can't get an ftp connection to my Wii U

until now i had no problem to do it but now when i try to do it it doesn't want to connect and that from any ftp server/ wifi connection/ software to access ftp (Filezilla etc.)

I didn't touch the content of the memory card before I had the problem

I am in v5.5.5 (EU) cfw Aroma/Tiramisu

Thanks in advance for your answer

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you change anything at the network setup, like getting a new router or something?

Other than that I read between the lines that you're on Aroma, using the FTP plugin it provides? If so press (L), (DOWN) and (SELECT), then go to FTPiiU and note down the IP it tells you ("IP of your console is ABC.DEF.GHI.JKL. Port 21"). Double check this is the IP you try to connect to with the FTP clients.

Reactions: godreborn

urbexed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Avez-vous changé quelque chose à la configuration du réseau, comme obtenir un nouveau routeur ou quelque chose ?

A part ça j'ai lu entre les lignes que tu es sur Aroma, en utilisant le plugin FTP qu'il fournit ? Si c'est le cas, appuyez sur (L), (DOWN) et (SELECT), puis allez sur FTPiiU et notez l'IP qu'il vous indique ("IP of your console is ABC.DEF.GHI.JKL. Port 21"). Vérifiez bien qu'il s'agit de l'adresse IP à laquelle vous essayez de vous connecter avec les clients FTP.
anothing to do with the plugin, no matter what homebrew I use, no way to make it work even if i go through tiramisu on an FTP homebrew

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no matter what homebrew I use, no way to make it work
So, again:
Did you change anything at the network setup, like getting a new router or something?
Is there a new router, a hardware firewall, a new switch has been added or, well, has anything changed at the LAN infrastructure?
I'm asking this cause when you say Wii U and PC software are exactly the same it must be something in between the two which is interrupting the connection. Like some (hardware) firewall.

//EDIT: And as I see you're translating our posts into your native language and vice-versa: Please use https://www.deepl.com/translator instead of google translate for this.

urbexed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, again:

Is there a new router, a hardware firewall, a new switch has been added or, well, has anything changed at the LAN infrastructure?
I'm asking this cause when you say Wii U and PC software are exactly the same it must be something in between the two which is interrupting the connection. Like some (hardware) firewall.
nope, no change on the network side either, I have the problem on my different networks (4g, wifi etc)

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And there was also nothing changed on the PC? So no "internet suite" installed, Windows Defender settings unchanged and so on? If so that's really weird...

press (L), (DOWN) and (SELECT), then go to FTPiiU and note down the IP it tells you ("IP of your console is ABC.DEF.GHI.JKL. Port 21"). Double check this is the IP you try to connect to with the FTP clients.
Did you do this yet? Even if you changed nothing at the LAN infrastructure the Wii U might still have gotten another IP than in the past.

urbexed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
And there was also nothing changed on the PC? So no "internet suite" installed, Windows Defender settings unchanged and so on? If so that's really weird...

Did you do this yet? Even if you changed nothing at the LAN infrastructure the Wii U might still have gotten another IP than in the past.
Windows Defender disabled and no firewall active (Avast free is enabled but it was already enabled last time when I used ftp)

I used FTPiiu before but it no longer worked (I used tiramisu each time to use ftp), and it was only after it no longer worked that I tried using plugin aroma

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So you still didn't check that the IP is correct? You should really do this!

Technical explanation: Your router is giving out IP addresses to the clients (like your PC, the Wii U, your mobile phone, ...). Now these IP addresses are random (at least on old routers but let's not go too much into detail), so a client could get a different IP - suddenly, after months of having the same IP. That said: You could just try to connect to the wrong IP, so please, please double check it.

Reactions: Laf111

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: As long as you're not going hungry, it's nice to share things with your friends +1