[Help] Flashcarts for New 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Leiigghhh, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Leiigghhh
    OP

Leiigghhh Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2015
    Hello

I am new to the whole flashcart scene for Nintendo's, I've never owned any but have only heard about this chip called an R4 back in the days. I have been looking to buy a New 3DS now and I am about to make my purchase within 2 weeks. I have been trying to research about these cards but I have gotten a lot of mixed information. There is all this information about firmwares and what cards support what versions. There was also some issue with people being banned? So my following question is:

1. If I want to play DS game backups on the New 3DS, which flash cart should I purchase?

2. If i want to play 3DS game backups on the New 3DS, which flash cart should I purchase?

I live in Australia, so some direction on where to purchase these cards would also be awesome!

I'm very lost at this stuff, sorry guys but some help would be awesome!

2. usernametaken

usernametaken GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2015
    United States
    If you get a N3DS on 9.0-9.2 (You should try to) Gateway hands down (You'll need cubic ninja once, so if you know anyone with it or you could buy and resell) Gateway also comes with a Nds flashcart.

Above 9.2 FW Sky3ds & Ace3ds ($10) or R4i like Jerry said (not sure on price) as you have no other choice :P

Xenon Hacks and jerry4top like this.
  3. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    Gateway is the better of the two carts. The trick is you need a console on 9.2 or below

Plus you get a ds mode flash cart if you buy a gateway

4. Leiigghhh
    OP

Leiigghhh Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2015
    Wow thanks for the help! :)

Just in addition to this. I found a website which has these R4i cards. Under the 3DS section they have these cards labelled DS Mode. It has an R4i. But the name of it is R4i SDHC. A link is here: http://www.ozmodchips.com/r4i-sdhc-r4ds-for-dsdsi3ds-p-207.html
    (Sorry not sure if I am allowed to post links).

It says it's official name is R4i Gold 3DS. This is the right card I suppose?

Thanks for the help!

5. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    What firmware is your 3ds on @Leiigghhh ?
    Edit : Didn't read the thread before posting disregard this

6. Leiigghhh
    OP

Leiigghhh Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2015
    Yeah that's alright:)

7. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    I live in Australia too, I got my Gateway off ozmodchips and they were very good. I was concerned about not being able to pay with PayPal but it did come.

If you have money to burn, get a DSTwo and a Gateway. The DSTwo can play all possible emulators with the best performance out of all DS flashcats (including GBA which other flashcarts can't even run), and of course Gateway is the best 3DS flashcart. Gateway will cost about $80 and DSTwo is something like $70. If you don't want to spend lots of money, you can just install flashcardtimewarp.cia on your console then you can use the blue card that comes with Gateway to play DS games.