Gaming Help finding games to play

rufuszombot

Assassin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a huge Zelda, Castlevania, Metroid, Mega Man, Metal Gear, and Pokemon fan. I don't really play many turn-based RPGs as I usually get pretty bored by them, but I am a fan of real-time, or action oriented ones. I'm trying to find something new to play on 3DS, but I keep coming up short.
Does anyone know any less-popular games that I may have overlooked or maybe misjudged? I'm really looking for a fairly long game that I can put a lot of time into, while not being turn based, and a lot of reading. I'm not bashing those games, they're just not for me.

rufuszombot

Assassin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is also Xenoblade if you have a N3DS

(Also 2nd Youkai Watch)
I do have a N3DSXL, but I tried Xenoblade on the Wii and didn't care for it, and I didn't want to buy this one (or downgrade my system to 'try' it), since the original didn't do much for me. Maybe I just didn't give it a chance, but I played it for a few hours and then just never played it again.

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
I recently started playing MH4U, and I'm trying to get through the beginning. Does it pick up? I'm sure the intro doesn't paint a good picture for the entire game, so maybe I just need to press on.
well there is the online guild too as it's challenging, just got done playing for a few hours only being able to complete 4 or 5 lv1 quests.

rufuszombot

Assassin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well there is the online guild too as it's challenging, just got done playing for a few hours only being able to complete 4 or 5 lv1 quests.
Is that a good thing? I feel like I'm missing out of things by not having played them, or their franchises, as a kid. I've been playing Zelda for 25 years and it never gets old for me. So i guess it's just hard for me to get into franchises I'm not already invested in; I'm trying to branch out and find new things, but it's proving to be difficult.

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
Is that a good thing? I feel like I'm missing out of things by not having played them, or their franchises, as a kid. I've been playing Zelda for 25 years and it never gets old for me. So i guess it's just hard for me to get into franchises I'm not already invested in; I'm trying to branch out and find new things, but it's proving to be difficult.
well once you get used to play MH it gets fun really :) if you want to play online head over to the guild and I'll play with you.

Reactions: cearp

rufuszombot

Assassin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well once you get used to play MH it gets fun really :) if you want to play online head over to the guild and I'll play with you.
I'll have to wait until I get the hang of it first. I may try to put a few hours into it tomorrow to see if I warm up to it.
I've always wanted to get into RPGs because I like awesome stories. Maybe I have some sort of undiagnosed attention disorder, ha. But once I decide to hop online, I'll let you know.

SterneSchreien

Naughty One
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
700hrs into MH4U here, thing is to just pick a weapon (if you are starting I really recommend the Insect Glaive as it is the most unique one as of now), learn it and then do some solo quests and then get to multiplayer mode. Don't just jump into multiplayer too soon IMO, it ruins the newbie experience. Unless you play with someone new too. Just kick every high HR that gets into your multi games because the fun drops once you don't have difficulty killing the monsters.

OmegaPikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance was amazing.

Everyone loves MH4U, But i got stuck really early cuz i couldnt find a monster so i dunno about that one.

Alot of people have been randomizing pokemon XY and ORAS if that interests you.

rufuszombot

Assassin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
super smash bros is also really fun
I bought that on Day 1, I've always been a big fan of fighting games.
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance was amazing.

Everyone loves MH4U, But i got stuck really early cuz i couldnt find a monster so i dunno about that one.

Alot of people have been randomizing pokemon XY and ORAS if that interests you.
I like Pokemon, but I don't care to play modified versions, I'm a purist when it comes to those games. And I've been trying to give MH4U a chance, but so far I don't think I'm going to get into it. I also didn't care for KH:DDD, I guess I just impossible to please.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
How can you be a huge Pokemon fan, but you're bored by turn based RPGs?

In any case, how about Fantasy Life? There are some well deserved criticisms, but despite its flaws it's a fun and very very long mult-genre game, one genre being action adventure. It's real time, so you'll like that. You won't like all the reading, but you can safely skip through most of it.

rufuszombot

Assassin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can you be a huge Pokemon fan, but you're bored by turn based RPGs?

In any case, how about Fantasy Life? There are some well deserved criticisms, but despite its flaws it's a fun and very very long mult-genre game, one genre being action adventure. It's real time, so you'll like that. You won't like all the reading, but you can safely skip through most of it.
I haven't figured out why I like Pokemon but not other turn-based RPGs. I think it's the collection aspect and easy-to-use interface. That and I started playing it when I was really young, but I didn't play any other RPGs at the time, or really ever. I'll give Fantasy Life a go, and see how that treats me.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I haven't figured out why I like Pokemon but not other turn-based RPGs. I think it's the collection aspect and easy-to-use interface. That and I started playing it when I was really young, but I didn't play any other RPGs at the time, or really ever. I'll give Fantasy Life a go, and see how that treats me.

If you like collecting, you'll like that part of Fantasy Life too. There's quite a bit of that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all