Android [Help] Dumb frp lock

Aquadraws

OP
Trophies
Da qualche parte nella Dimensione Magica...
XP
Country
Italy
Here is my problem: I used my phone today like usual, since the next day I have school I turned the device off and put it on charge. Funny thing "Custom Binary Blocked by FRP Lock". BUT I DID NOT DISABLE OEM UNLOCKING or even go into settings today. The last thing I did before shutting down was updating discord. My question is: IS there anyway to make Odin not wipe /data and internal storage when reflashing?

Mollycule

Add me on osu~
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I disabled forced encryption and dm verity first thing with my G930F.

And to the point, no, your device is encrypted, and so to use your phone again /data will have to be wiped, that is the nature of encryption.

Your OS will create a new keyset when you flash a stock ROM and the data partition will be locked out due to keypair mismatch.

Hope you didn't have anything too dear on there. :(

Reactions: zfreeman

Aquadraws

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Emm google authenticator for my 2 discords... um google my google accounts with 2fa using Yes or No button and um whatsapp..

What I was thinking that if I reflash the same exact rom and do not click to format the nand wouldn't the system treat that as an official update?

Mollycule

Add me on osu~
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately not, imagine this scenario:

You lost your phone, data partition is encrypted.

Someone finds your phone but unlucky for them it has a password or fingerprint lock, your personal data is safe.

The person who found your phone circumvents the password lock by flashing the stock ROM, but in doing this he will never have access to the sensitive data within, a fully functional phone however.

Unfortunately technological data protection has its drawbacks for end users too.

Sorry. :(

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately not, imagine this scenario:

You lost your phone, data partition is encrypted.

Someone finds your phone but unlucky for them it has a password or fingerprint lock, your personal data is safe.

The person who found your phone circumvents the password lock by flashing the stock ROM, but in doing this he will never have access to the sensitive data within, a fully functional phone however.

Unfortunately technological data protection has its drawbacks for end users too.

Sorry. :(
Except in the case of one having a custom recovery where the lockscreen lock can be deleted from /data.

Mollycule

Add me on osu~
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Except in the case of one having a custom recovery where the lockscreen lock can be deleted from /data.
Don't think that /data is able to be mounted on encrypted devices, I always got "failed to mount /data" in TWRP when I still had encryption, not after I flashed a ROM without encryption though.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
u dont have acces to anything if its encrypted.....decrypted u are able to wipe

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and really Never buy Samsung...specially not if u root

Aquadraws

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know a single thing about this /data encryption and TWRP mounts my thing fine(Ugh a 2016 Device With Android 5.1.1 Never owned a device with such thing). All I just said is that since Odin is/can be used for official system updates and unless you tick "Nand Erase All" it tecnically won't wipe. And yes It actually doesn't and the device thoght it was official and reflashed the unmodified system partition and the phone booted fine and all my data and apps were there

EDIT: I just went on google android devs website and apparently the encryption is a thing from android 2.3.6 but in 5.x is NOT enabled by default on all devices

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.