Homebrew Help Downgrading (repeated softbricks)

Safo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Apparently not, went ahead and formatted. Downgrade success from first try after that. Its silly really, hope some of the devs could figure our soft bricking causes when they got the time.

msinclair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been holding off on formatting hoping that something comes up too. I'm positive that a solution could be found but I'm not so sure there's much interest in developing one.

D.Loro5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been holding off on formatting hoping that something comes up too. I'm positive that a solution could be found but I'm not so sure there's much interest in developing one.

I agree. If something that affects a vast majority of users who would develop safe (or at least be investigated) something, but being only a few gives me no.

BrunceCamp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm in the same boat (transferred N3DS with all the Ambassador titles) and getting soft bricked after every downgrade

glad im not the only one with the problem, this really sucks though because i don't wanna format and cant system transfer

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Try backing up ur sd card and formatting it with this http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm then restore ur backup and try to downgrade again. You won't lose anything. Buddy of mine was having a soft brick issue and that fixed it for him. Not sure why it helped as it was a fresh out the box 3ds using the card that came with it.

BrunceCamp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try backing up ur sd card and formatting it with this http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm then restore ur backup and try to downgrade again. You won't lose anything. Buddy of mine was having a soft brick issue and that fixed it for him. Not sure why it helped as it was a fresh out the box 3ds using the card that came with it.
Just tried that out, sadly didnt work for me

Reactions: pbanj

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario.