Homebrew Help Downgrading (repeated softbricks)

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'll help if everyone who fails the downgrade runs the downgrade a bunch of times and tell us what model they're 3ds is and if it always fails at the same cia and what that cia is. Maybe it could give us insight to what might be the problem

axemurderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'll help if everyone who fails the downgrade runs the downgrade a bunch of times and tell us what model they're 3ds is and if it always fails at the same cia and what that cia is. Maybe it could give us insight to what might be the problem

it does not fail at any cia. it goes through every file just fine, get to the "rebooting in 10 seconds part" and then upon startup the console has the error. with or without the sd card inserted. I think you are misunderstanding the problem - we can all get through the downgrade process just fine.

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it does not fail at any cia. it goes through every file just fine, get to the "rebooting in 10 seconds part" and then upon startup the console has the error. with or without the sd card inserted. I think you are misunderstanding the problem - we can all get through the downgrade process just fine.
Indeed I was misunderstanding. Possibly bad downgrade packs? Do the md5 of everything check though ok in the safesysupdater check?

axemurderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed I was misunderstanding. Possibly bad downgrade packs? Do the md5 of everything check though ok in the safesysupdater check?

it is not the downgrade files.

I saw a theory in another thread - about system transferring. I system transferred to my n3ds while it was on 9.5. someone had a theory that the softbricks happen if you system transferred to the system before 9.6. if you system transferred on or after 9.6 was out, you're in the clear. I think this theory has merit, as 9.6 added encryption and was the reason n3ds couldn't have emunand past 9.5 for a while.

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is not the downgrade files.

I saw a theory in another thread - about system transferring. I system transferred to my n3ds while it was on 9.5. someone had a theory that the softbricks happen if you system transferred to the system before 9.6. if you system transferred on or after 9.6 was out, you're in the clear. I think this theory has merit, as 9.6 added encryption and was the reason n3ds couldn't have emunand past 9.5 for a while.
I don't think so. I system transfered from o3ds to a launch day n3ds and had no issues downgrading

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here's a good question do you still have the same issue when downgrading to something above 9.6 say 10.3?

D.Loro5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have always tried downgrading from 10.3 and softbricked every time. I've tried about 15 times.

Same here with mi Old 3DS. I have not tried to make the downgrade from 10.5 to 9.2 for not having Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of Time.

The theory that is due to make a transfer between two consoles I do not think that is true. As I said, I also tried making 10.3 to 9.2 downgrade several times and always gave the error in my Old 3DS, and I have never made a transfer of data between consoles.

axemurderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here with mi Old 3DS. I have not tried to make the downgrade from 10.5 to 9.2 for not having Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of Time.

The theory that is due to make a transfer between two consoles I do not think that is true. As I said, I also tried making 10.3 to 9.2 downgrade several times and always gave the error in my Old 3DS, and I have never made a transfer of data between consoles.

if you are on 10.5, you can use browserhax and then menuhax. if you mistyped and you're actually on 10.6, then yeah, sorry. you'll need cn/oot.

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if someone who has this problem and can downgrade from 10.7, try downgrading to 10.3 and see if that works

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
Would it be a bad idea to flash a backup if you had a backup of a perfect 10.3-9.2 downgrade (confirmed by downgrade checker) and had to downgrade again later on from 10.6 to 9.2 using menchunkhax3 sysupdater (and repeating with normal sysupdater) with a constant error stating extra titles by downgrade checker?
I was downgrading an o3ds and received the error has occurred error using the 10.6 sysupdater

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be a bad idea to flash a backup if you had a backup of a perfect 10.3-9.2 downgrade (confirmed by downgrade checker) and had to downgrade again later on from 10.6 to 9.2 using menchunkhax3 sysupdater (and repeating with normal sysupdater) with a constant error stating extra titles by downgrade checker?
I was downgrading an o3ds and received the error has occurred error using the 10.6 sysupdater
If the backup came from the same 3ds, no

D.Loro5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if you are on 10.5, you can use browserhax and then menuhax. if you mistyped and you're actually on 10.6, then yeah, sorry. you'll need cn/oot.

I'm in 10.5 and I know I can use that, but I do precisely because it sure makes me give mistake and then have to update by recovery to 10.7, so that no longer would again able to try again, since I have not OoT 3D or Cubic Ninja, as I said ...

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in 10.5 and I know I can use that, but I do precisely because it sure makes me give mistake and then have to update by recovery to 10.7, so that no longer would again able to try again, since I have not OoT 3D or Cubic Ninja, as I said ...
You can buy a nin selects oot for $20 apparently it works, I'll buy a copy after work and test it out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1