Homebrew Help: Decrypting an update/DLC .cia

HelpTheWretched

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I keep running into roadblocks trying to decrypt an update/DLC .cia on O3DS, Luma3DS+A9LH installed with the 3ds.guide process. Could anybody give this semi-noob some advice that might help?
  • Decrypt9 simply will not start from HBL, unsure why,
  • The update .cia was installed via FBI
  • Braindump will dump the game and the update (separately) to .cxi, but neither seems properly decrypted when using ctrtool or 3DSExplorer.
  • I can't find a xorpad.
  • I own the retail game with the update, but dumping/decrypting the cart with Hourglass9 doesn't seem to include the update.
  • The game is Zelda: Tri Force Heroes (US), update is 2.1.0
Anyway, I'm a bit clueless with CFW in general and just having trouble coming up with a way that should work.

HelpTheWretched

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks... although just from that instruction alone, I wouldn't have a clue what it means.

I've read this page from 3ds.guide several times over and still don't really understand. :(

"Installing" Decrypt9 as a Luma3DS payload doesn't necessarily install it to the 3DS/NAND, right? It just rests on the SD card and gets loaded on boot-up? And if that's the case, how does one control which button(s) you hold to boot to it? (I'm taking a wild guess that the step saying "rename Hourglass9.bin to start_Hourglass9.bin" is the key.)

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks... although just from that instruction alone, I wouldn't have a clue what it means.

I've read this page from 3ds.guide several times over and still don't really understand. :(

"Installing" Decrypt9 as a Luma3DS payload doesn't necessarily install it to the 3DS/NAND, right? It just rests on the SD card and gets loaded on boot-up? And if that's the case, how does one control which button(s) you hold to boot to it? (I'm taking a wild guess that the step saying "rename Hourglass9.bin to start_Hourglass9.bin" is the key.)
No it doesn't install it to your system. And yes it's as simple as that Hourglass9 step.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over