Help creating custom WADs NTSC USA

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by marioxb, Aug 19, 2008.

Aug 19, 2008
  1. marioxb
    OP

Newcomer marioxb Advanced Member

United States
    Hi there. I've tried various methods of injecting the fully fan-translated (including title screen) patched version of Do-Re-Me Fantasy: Milon's Quest as seen here into the American release (which is an import, completely in Japanese) wad file. I have patched the original Japanese rom with the patch on the linked page. I even used the old hex-edit method and was able to separate the rom from the wad which I then patched and got to work in a PC emulator, in English! Every time I try to install the injected wad (3 or 4 different injection methods), I get the 4100 and/or 2011 error! Has anyone else tried this successfully? I also wanted to add the name Dracula X (or better yet- Castlevania: Dracula X: Rondo of Blood) to show up as the channel name on the region free version of Dracula X. That also resulted in 4100/ 2011 errors.

2. RadioShadow

Member RadioShadow GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    It's possible to inject Hacked Roms but I've not got round to trying that rom. But I did get Panel De Pon, the English Translated patched rom working so Do-Re-Mi should work fine.

Since you just want to do a straight swap, download VC Injector: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=92049&hl=Inject

Don't forget to add the 'common-key.bin' file which you must find yourself.

Extract the contents into a separate folder. Place the Do-Re-Mi Wad in the main folder (with the VC application) and rename it: do.wad

In the folder, place the hacked rom in the folder rom and rename it: do.smc

Now as the rom has been modified, you will need to fix the checksum. Use this tool to fix the checksum: http://www.romhacking.net/utils/499/ To check to make sure the checksum has been fixed, load the rom in SNES9X and check the text in the bottom of the screen. If the text is white, the checksum has been fixed.

Now open up Command Line and enter: CD folder_where_vc_is (e.g. CD C:\Users\Thomas\Documents\Thomas\Working On\VC Hacking Tools\Rom Injector\VC) and press RETURN.

Now enter: VC do.wad folder

Press RETURN and follow the instructions on the Command Line. When you get to the part about the WAD ID, keep it the same (this will overwrite the original wad installed on your Wii).

The tool will have created a wad called 'title.wad'. Install that on your Wii and have fun.

3. marioxb
    OP

United States
    Thanks! That program actually let me install Do Re Me English, but it froze on a black screen after the "You Need a Classic Controller" screen. Maybe if I try a different game wad? DKC2 or something?

4. RadioShadow

United Kingdom
    That tool I told you to use seems to be buggy. It doesn't seem to boot the roms after the Classic Controller Needed message.

5. marioxb
    OP

United States
    YES! FINALLY! I've tried Autoinjectuwad before, but I didn't think to make sure the rom had a good checksum. I think that, coupled with me running the program from my guest account may have made it work. Thanks a lot!

6. RadioShadow

United Kingdom
    Glad to help. [​IMG]

7. marioxb
    OP

United States
    this post can be deleted