Help configuring my HDD

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Robix95, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Robix95
    OP

Robix95 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2016
    Italy
    Hello guys I've got my Ps3 modded some times ago but I've never used it.
    Yesterday I've found an old HDD and I want to configure it to use with my Ps3 backups and some retrogaming.
    Can you help me choosing the right format and the best config (hombrew on the ps3 and folder structure, file type) to let me use my HDD to play backups with updates and patch and if it's possible to load onto it some ROMs.

2. tedmg091309131

tedmg091309131 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    If your ps3 internal hdd is large enough you could move ps1 and ps3 games to the internal hdd. If not you could play them from the external hdd. The ps2 emulator for the ps3 will only load ps2 images from the internal hdd. I think the internal hdd had specific folders for ps1 ps2 ps3 games. I think you could load some not ps3 specific homebrew from almost anywhere on any hdd. Some ps3 specific homebrew will have to be installed on the internal hdd. In which case it usually will come in a .pkg installer.

If you use fat32 for the external hdd you will have limits on maximum file size that will make it impossible to directly load certain ps3 images from the external hdd. If you use ntfs for the external hdd you won't have the maximum file size problem. You might try the following link for more information.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ps3hacks/c...e_not_recognized_on_rebug_481/#ampf=undefined

Last edited by tedmg091309131, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Robix95
    OP

Robix95 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2016
    Italy
    My internal hdd it's too small so i want to to play all the games from the external hdd.
    What's the best way to load all the backups with dlc and play it directly from the external hdd?

I've got an empty hdd so I want to configure it from zero

4. Robix95
    This message by Robix95 has been removed from public view by DinohScene, Dec 11, 2018, Reason: bumping.
    Oct 5, 2018
  5. Robix95
    This message by Robix95 has been removed from public view by DinohScene, Dec 11, 2018, Reason: bumping.
    Oct 6, 2018