HELP computer is f**** up!

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by junk_man32, Nov 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2008

HELP computer is f**** up! by junk_man32 at 1:51 AM (1,042 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. junk_man32
    OP

Banned junk_man32 Banned

United States
    okay here is the problem on my xp. The mouse cant right click that good anymore i have to hold down the right click for a bit and then release (its not a hardware problem!) and my startup has changed, my sound effect manager doesnt load at startup, neither does norton and a bunch of other apps. Now here is what i did (i hate nvidia, youll see why). so im thinking ill download the latest drivers for my 8400gs (crappy card i know) and so i do, and its from the official nvidia site for 8400gs. so i install it, everything is ok. so i try physx demo's, it says i need directx 9.0c. So i install it (it was too quick, maybe thats the problem) and it said it was succesful. Now i open the physx stuff again and i try a demo, it closes for no reason, i open it again now it says it needs directx 9.0c again. Wtf????? then i go to gbatemp and i start right clicking opening new tabss and all, then all of a sudden, right click stops working, now i have to push right click down for a while, oh and for some reason "rundll32.exe" was running on the way top, i find out nvidia is using it, so i end task all the nvidia stuff and do msconfig to see if its using rundll32.exe and no it isnt. So i restart, and the biggest problem of all, MANY PROGRAMS DONT STARTUP. My soundeffectmanager doesnt, norton antivirus doesnt, and some other stuff. what the hell? so im like fuck it was nvidia!!!! so i roll back previous drivers (cuz the new one was messed up, and i think the rundll32 problem or something???) ok all good. i restart, same thing happens. WTH!!!! (srry i am a pir8 just got me acid 7 by team NoPe) so i scan the crack for acid pro 7, no viruses. is this a virus i have or the startup changed by me excidentally doing something, in msconfig it says most of my programs have stopped and there are only 6 things on the start up tab on the list, wtf???? is this a virus or something??? im currently performing full system scan and it cant anything yet!!! gosh, what the hell just happened. Its either nvidia, me doing something stupid, or directx installation. oh man im f-----!!!! HELP!

2. Elfeckin

Member Elfeckin GBAtemp Regular

United States
    First problem...Norton...unless its corp av than its poop soup.

3. junk_man32
    OP

Banned junk_man32 Banned

United States
    nope not norton, its been running okay ever since what i posted happened

4. Takaishi

Newcomer Takaishi Advanced Member

Mexico
    When you start your profile does it say something like "Windows cannot load the user's profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system "?

5. Regiiko

Member Regiiko GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    Norton is the worst possible anti-malware software you could ever purchase. Hell, it probably does more damage to your computer than actual malware.

6. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    As far as from reading it. You TRY to install a graphix card that isn't compatible with your computer! What I can is try to do a system restore since it was functioning normally before all that BS started. Also come of the cracks can contain viruses.

My best guess is to uninstall the graphic card hardware and software first. Second do system restore if possible. If not then go to third step, go to safe mode. Finally do a full system scan. Some of the viruses you won't get rid of easily like those viruses that are inside the register key.

Good luck.

7. junk_man32
    OP

Banned junk_man32 Banned

United States
    no, i had the 8400gs along time ago and it works with it, i just updated the drivers, wtf now? maybe ill system restore but this is the weirdest shit that has ever happened

8. junk_man32
    OP

Banned junk_man32 Banned

United States
    BUMP (TIMES 1,000,000,000)

9. junk_man32
    OP

Banned junk_man32 Banned

United States
    fuck this shit, close it

10. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!