Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters

AlphaSapphire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So my Joy Con has weird light lines I think its caused from my sweaty hand and the stain wont go away tried cleaning it with Lysol wipes its still not working anyone have and ideas?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never clean plastic with chemicals. Try warm water with a small amount of soap, and use a lightly damp cloth using that mixture to wipe down the joycon. I also have sweaty hands and haven't been able to cause permanent stains.

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it isn't just stained, you're pretty much sol. From what i hear, the finish on the switch and joycons aren't all that great in the first place. With skins ruining the finish etc, I have a bad feeling that your issue is permanent. There is a cleaning product here in the states called goo gone. It is citrus based and meant to destroy sticky residue and the like.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WD40 works great on acrylic which is probably way sketchier than what the switch is made of. Try that on an inconspicuous spot and see. If it doesn't work right away let it sit for a while like over night.

You could also try Vinegar.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

AlphaSapphire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Attachments

• IMG_20170311_190620.jpg
    IMG_20170311_190620.jpg
    844.5 KB · Views: 1,364

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It's difficult to see from the photo, but I think the top line looks somewhat like a scratch. Do you have a ring on your left thumb or something?

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Although you can most likely polish the screen if it's scratched, I doubt you can polish the matte finish on the joycons, they seem to have been made to be disposable. I suggest you enjoy playing your switch until you wear out the joycons then buy another pair, or you could buy a pair of blue ones right now they look cool or get some joycondoms.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pix is crappy cant see anything.
The top mark looks like a white scratch.
Normally i clean stuff with just a baby wipe or mircofiber and warm water. Just wipe it down.
IF its not coming off then its something else and to strong of a cleaner will peel or dull the paint.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning