Hacking [Help] Cannot boot to home screen

lulzMD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
ive bought o3ds with arm9loaderhax in it. after playing a few days, suddenly my 3ds cannot boot to home screen anymore. when i pressed power button, it shows picture reinand for a few second and shut down automatically. i dont really know about this arm9loaderhax, so i dont dare to adjust anything in my SD card. if it help, here is my root folder
http://imgur.com/GrqZB2i

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So you bought a prehacked 3ds? Do you have all your backups and your OTP with it? Because if not.......

What is your main cfw? Is it Luma? Or ReiNand? Or cakes? You have all folders with it. I don't think reinand supports A9LH but I'm not sure. Try deleting the REI related files.

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes, i bought prehacked 3DS. No, i do not have backups of sorts.

meaning that i have to delete the rei folder?

Do you have a file called OTP.bin in your sd card or did you get it anywhere else from the seller? The OTP is very important for A9LH. If you don't have it I suggest contacting the seller to get the backups and the OTP.

The REI folder and the reinand.dat. Basically everything great says REI :P

lulzMD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Do you have a file called OTP.bin in your sd card or did you get it anywhere else from the seller? The OTP is very important for A9LH. If you don't have it I suggest contacting the seller to get the backups and the OTP.

The REI folder and the reinand.dat. Basically everything great says REI :P

nope there is no OTP file here. is it important for a succession to boot 3ds?
i've deleted anything related to rei, but still cannot boot.
kindly help please. :(

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The OTP is only important when setting up A9LH but if for some reason you are not able to boot and you have to reinstall A9LH, you need the OTP file. You can only get it on 2.1 which requires more downgrading. If somehow you end up on sysnand 11.0 without A9LH you're screwed without your OTP because you can't downgrade sysnand 11.0 without CFW/A9LH. Highly recommend to get in touch with the seller.

When you press the boot button, what happens? Try to be as exact as possible: do you get a splash screen? Do you see any lights flicker? Do you get an error message?

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But just like Temarile said, contacting the seller and asking for the OTP file and backups is a very good idea, almost essential even.
EDIT: Sorry!! I didn't see the imgur link you've provided!

Last edited by MichiS97,

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You have A9LH installed, right? Then why do you have a menuhax folder?
You can basically delete everything that is not on this picture:
687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f6a644a78724b592e706e67

lulzMD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
The OTP is only important when setting up A9LH but if for some reason you are not able to boot and you have to reinstall A9LH, you need the OTP file. You can only get it on 2.1 which requires more downgrading. If somehow you end up on sysnand 11.0 without A9LH you're screwed without your OTP because you can't downgrade sysnand 11.0 without CFW/A9LH. Highly recommend to get in touch with the seller.

When you press the boot button, what happens? Try to be as exact as possible: do you get a splash screen? Do you see any lights flicker? Do you get an error message?

after press the power button, i get the splash screen. sometimes it loaded the luma3DS configuration. i try to follow setting according to A9LH installation (step 5) but nothing happened.
  • "Autoboot SysNAND"
  • "SysNAND is updated"
  • "Force A9LH detection"
  • "Show current NAND in System Settings"
  • "Show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM"

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
after press the power button, i get the splash screen. sometimes it loaded the luma3DS configuration. i try to follow setting according to A9LH installation (step 5) but nothing happened.
  • "Autoboot SysNAND"
  • "SysNAND is updated"
  • "Force A9LH detection"
  • "Show current NAND in System Settings"
  • "Show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM"

Seems like the dude that installed A9LH didn't really do a good job :/

Reactions: MichiS97

lulzMD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
You have A9LH installed, right? Then why do you have a menuhax folder?
You can basically delete everything that is not on this picture:
687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f6a644a78724b592e706e67
i dont dare to touch or delete anything in this sd card because i dont have a good knowledge about this thing

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Seems like the dude that installed A9LH didn't really do a good job :/
haha.. is it that bad.
anything you guys can help?

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i dont dare to touch or delete anything in this sd card because i dont have a good knowledge about this thing

This is exactly the reason why it's best to install A9LH yourself, so you know what's going on. I suggest then backing up the entire SD card somewhere and then start deleting the files that are not in the picture I sent. If it somehow messes up, you can still copy back all the deleted files.

--
What we are currently trying to do is to figure out what is going wrong. I could've suggested restoring a backup but seeing as you don't have your OTP or any backup..

Last edited by Temarile,

lulzMD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
This is exactly the reason why it's best to install A9LH yourself, so you know what's going on. I suggest then backing up the entire SD card somewhere and then start deleting the files that are not in the picture I sent. If it somehow messes up, you can still copy back all the deleted files.
yes, i've done it. but still, cannot boot. all i get now is black screen.

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

haha.. is it that bad.
anything you guys can help?

It seems like he set up a boot manager, which is something overkill for a normal user. Download Luma3DS v5.5, open the archive, and extract arm9loaderhax.bin to your SD card instead of the old one, then try again.

EDIT: Please backup the arm9loaderhax.bin file before replacing it.

Last edited by Kyojin,

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do you see any leds flickering when booting up? No splash screen this time either?

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
no more splash screen. if i boot, i get the blue LED light (previously automatically shutoff after 1 sec),

I suggest doing as @Kyojin said :)

It seems like he set up a boot manager, which is something overkill for a normal user. Download Luma3DS v5.5, open the archive, and extract arm9loaderhax.bin to your SD card instead of the old one, then try again.

EDIT: Please backup the arm9loaderhax.bin file before replacing it.

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
its working guys. now i can boot to the home screen. but after 1 minute, it automatically shut down. battery is full. :(

Can you open system settings to see what version your system is? What you you mean it shuts down? Do you mean it justs powers off without any warning ect?

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Also, did you put back all the files you had before on the SD card? Especially the "Nintendo 3DS" and "luma" folders.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0