Help Buying A Psp

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by KiritoS, Jun 23, 2013.

1. KiritoS
    OP

KiritoS Member

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2013
    Chad
  2. Isaac

Isaac American

Dec 8, 2012
    United States
    Here? Right here? What about, say... over there?
  3. aleXXXps

aleXXXps Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2013
    United States
    Chicago, IL
    I own a 1000 and just recently picked up a 3000 new for $90 at Target. It's not a permanent hack, but hacks just as well as my 1000 does and was easy to do.

4. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    I've got a PSP 1000 and a PSP Go. Both work pretty much the same, the 1000 has a perma hack and the Go has a temp hack. Takes a few seconds to load the hack on the Go, but after that it works just like the perma hack. Basically I'd recommend a PSP 3000 or a PSP Go (the most important factor is the form factor. The PSP Go also has 16GB internal memory, but the PSP 3000 can get a Memory stick pro duo adapter for microSD cards and thus more than enough space (2x32GB or 2x64GB are both possible if the need should arise).

Xarsah16 likes this.
  5. Xarsah16

Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

Oct 6, 2007
    Hyrule
    PSP 3000 is amazing - I have the Assassin's Creed Bloodlines one and hacked it with CFW on Firmware 6.60 - it's definitely a great way to go. I like still being able to play UMDs which the Go cannot, and because I can play UMDs, I can obviously buy used games. :D

If you do the CFW on the 3000, the PSP will boot in un-hacked, official firmware, and all it takes is loading the quick hack file included with it after installing the CFW. http://wololo.net/installing-pro-cfw-on-a-psp-3000-psp-brite/

6. KiritoS
    OP

KiritoS Member

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2013
    Chad
    thanks for all the grat responses will go with the 3000

Xarsah16 likes this.
  7. reprep

reprep GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    i would really like to buy a psp go, but cheapest i can find is about 100$ used.

8. nukeboy95

nukeboy95 Leave luck to heaven.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    not sure
  9. PityOnU

PityOnU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    United States
    If you're just looking to play PSP games, allow me to save you mucho dejunero:

http://ppsspp.org/

10. reprep

Jul 5, 2012
  11. Gabelvampir

Gabelvampir Free Mars!

Mar 17, 2009
    Gambia, The
    K-Town
    Is there something complicated with sending stuff to Turkey? I know Italy has a bad reputation of lost mail so many ebay sellers refuse to send it there.

12. reprep

Jul 5, 2012
    i don't why but a lot of sellers refuse to send to Turkey. i bought about a hundred stuff from abroad and only 1 was lost in the mail. though i can't be sure that seller really sent the item or not.

also if the seller sends it tracked, it is nearly impossible for the package to be lost.

i guess not being a part of EU plays a major role in that lack of trust.

13. Gabelvampir

Gabelvampir Free Mars!

Mar 17, 2009
    Gambia, The
    K-Town
    Well if that is the only problem I could send you a PSP for cost, if we can find a way to do that without too big leaps of faith on both sides (maybe Paypal helps with that, I don't know).
    Some stores in my town still have new PSP Gos and want to get rid of them for about 110 Euros. I don't know what shipping costs to Turkey, but I could find out. Unfortunately I am just out of a job, so I would need at least a partial payment in advance. PM me if you are interested, maybe we can work something out.

14. reprep

Jul 5, 2012
    thanks for the offer, i can paypal you the money, no prob. though i would like a cheaper, used one. is it possible to find a cheap, used psp go around you?

15. gazsweet
    This message by gazsweet has been removed from public view by TwinRetro, Jul 23, 2013, Reason: useless.
    Jul 21, 2013