Help appreciated!

lilsneezy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had just bought an original 3ds xl(w normal sd card) wanting to transfer my old 3ds which I added homebrew and all that good stuff on to it, I followed a tutorial but messed up the step where you are supposed to kill the wifi in the middle of the system transfer, so it just transfered my systems. I did backup my sd on my pc. After the transfer my new 3ds has my theme on it but none of the other applications. Do I just have to go through the entire process again? or is there a quicker way, thanks so much for any help!

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had just bought an original 3ds xl(w normal sd card) wanting to transfer my old 3ds which I added homebrew and all that good stuff on to it, I followed a tutorial but messed up the step where you are supposed to kill the wifi in the middle of the system transfer, so it just transfered my systems. I did backup my sd on my pc. After the transfer my new 3ds has my theme on it but none of the other applications. Do I just have to go through the entire process again? or is there a quicker way, thanks so much for any help!
I don't think you were supposed to turn off the 3DS's wifi during the transfer process, and that's what most likely stopped it from completing normally.. Did you see a text or error message after you've done so?

Also, i assume your 3DS XL doesn't have cfw installed, right? If so, your illegitimate games & homebrew apps will not show up on the XL, because it's not modded, thus it can't show them.
Though since the system boots up to the home menu and you can access the system settings etc. It's probably fine..
Does the old 3DS shows your games & apps, all the stuff you've had? Most likely not..

lilsneezy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think you were supposed to turn off the 3DS's wifi during the transfer process, and that's what most likely stopped it from completing normally.. Did you see a text or error message after you've done so?

Also, i assume your 3DS XL doesn't have cfw installed, right? If so, your illegitimate games & homebrew apps will not show up on the XL, because it's not modded, thus it can't show them.
Though since the system boots up to the home menu and you can access the system settings etc. It's probably fine..
Does the old 3DS shows your games & apps, all the stuff you've had? Most likely not..
No it worked normally and I did not have any error message. No it doesn't at the moment, no my old 3ds since it went through the system transfer doesn't either, If i want to mod my new 3ds do i just follow the same steps?

erikas

Trophies
XP
Country
I think the cleanest way to do this is to install cfw on the device you want to transfer to, extract saves from the old one with something like checkpoint and reinstall all the games fresh. It might take longer, but you should not have any problems that way.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
..no my old 3ds since it went through the system transfer doesn't either,
So you can't see ANY of your games or apps on the old 3DS? That means the system transfer was somehow successful..
If i want to mod my new 3ds do i just follow the same steps?
You need to follow the guide here carefully in order to install cfw.
Follow either the Seedminer or PicHaxx method whatever's easier for you.
You should test the sd card with h2testw (it's in the guide) to check it's not faulty or defective before modding the system, because a faulty sd card can mess up your system and will only make things more complicated than it needs to be.. And do not skip any step from the guide.
If you need any help just ask!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c