Help an up-and-coming store!

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho!

I've been frequenting a store here in Coventry in the not so sunny UK by name of Escape Games lately. It's a new store, not long opened, and it stocks stuff like Dungeons and Dragons, Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic the Gathering, that sort of thing. Well, business is ok but what we need is something epic to really kick it all off. Something to get the name out there. So I'm here to ask for help. I play MTG myself, although not very often, but not a lot else. I don't really know much about this sort of thing, only that it's a good environment. Nice store staffed by nice people. And I want to help them out somehow. So what could the store do to boost its profits? Get the word out there. Bring in all new customers.

What sort of games like that are popular right now? The collectible card games like World Of Warcraft, Yu-Gi-Oh and Magic The Gathering are all popular, as is Dungeons and Dragons and some of the table top model games like Warmachine and Malifaux, but we need something that really pops. Something that will get EVERYBODY to come in the store. What can it be?

We run events like games nights, etc. And in all fairness our only real competition in the city is Games Workshop, which most people have abandoned because they've gone batshit crazy in there, demanding that you speak of nothing but the models, do nothing but models, you shall eat sleep and breathe models. There's motivated salesmanship and there's just being rude. They're WAAAAY on the wrong side of that line, hence why life-long GW customers like Finch have jumped ship to Escape Games. But while the store is staying afloat, it never seems to really take off.

Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    WPiso @ WPiso: m