Help 4.2 PAL Softmod

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jkd3737, Mar 10, 2011.

Mar 10, 2011

Help 4.2 PAL Softmod by jkd3737 at 11:38 AM (478 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. jkd3737
    OP

Newcomer jkd3737 Member

United Kingdom
    Hi guys,

Was wondering if anyone could help......I have soft modded a few wii's in the past with 100% success rate but this wii I have at the moment has got me stumped.

I followed the Mod Any Wii guide on this forum.

It is a PAL wii on 4.2,
    Ran Banner bomb, Installed homebrew channel, boot mii as boot 2 and made a nand backup all fine.
    Ran and installed IOS236 Installer v5 MOD no problems.
    Ran and installed YAWM Multimod Batch no problems.

Now normally for every other machine I have done I would install neo gamma to play back ups from usb hdd and all would play fine.
    BUT this machine after installing neo gamma takes much longer than usual for the first 2 top lines to appear then when they do you can mount the wbfs hdd and it can see the games, when you select a game neo gamma takes a long time to run through the normal checks they when the game would normally launch it just hangs at a black screen, same for every game on the hdd, I have also tried USB Loader GX but that is exactly the same, can see the games on the wbfs drive but hangs on a black screen on every game.

What am I missing ?

Or is this machine just plain screwy ?

Thanks for any help.

2. bazamuffin

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    Could be the spin up time of the HDD

3. jkd3737
    OP

Newcomer jkd3737 Member

United Kingdom
    Thank you for your reply bazamuffin

I thought of this also, I should have mentioned I have tried another hdd that I know to work fine with wii's and I have the exact same result, games can be seen but all hang at black screen. And I don't know if it has anything to do with it but neo gamma seems to struggle to load the first two lines even when the hdd is not plugged into the wii, seems like something is off/out of place as I have never seen this behaviour from a wii before.

I have also repeated the guide step by step 3 times, all with the same end result, any ideas anyone ??

4. bazamuffin

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    My son has a Black D3-2 Wii and his is far slower than mine at booting up/initialising HDD's. I bought a new HDD to try and remedy it but to no avail. If its an older wii (assuming it is because of bootmii boot2) then it may have alot of crap on it slowing it down. I've also read that older drives can slow down the overall operation of a Wii

5. jkd3737
    OP

Newcomer jkd3737 Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the info bazamuffin,

Apart from the game saves, channels and installed wii ware games is there a way to delete any other unneeded crap from the system ? As I think this might be part of the problem for this machine.

As for the hdd it is a Samsung 250 sata in new usb powered case, now the first thing I thought was that the wii wasn't giving the hdd enough juice but after testing with a western digital hdd on its own power supply and getting the exact same result have come back to the conclusion that something on the wii is not right as the western digital drive works on every wii I have ever modded.

Appreciate your help here mate.