OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unsure.gif
closedeyes.gif
Hello everyone! I am very new to the world of "flashcards" and "emulation". In fact, this is the first I have heard! A friend told me of said flash card device, and another friend led me HERE, telling me all my questions would be answered. I am a LONG time handheld system fan, as is my wife, but SHE does the tech stuff....trust me here....I don't know a 'download' drom a diaper.
wacko.gif
If ANYone wants to PM me, or do it HERE, and tell me just WHAT these things ARE and how they WORK, I'll be forever indebted!!

Just ONE question: (humor a guy that grew up with 2600 and NES and is still fascinated by the Sega Nomad system..)

1.) Does this device R E A L L Y enable a person to play LIMITLESS games from classic systems on an SP or a DS system? .......(tries to not faint....)..........

Thanks!
smile.gif

A.R.

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roussimoff said:
unsure.gif
closedeyes.gif
Hello everyone! I am very new to the world of "flashcards" and "emulation". In fact, this is the first I have heard! A friend told me of said flash card device, and another friend led me HERE, telling me all my questions would be answered. I am a LONG time handheld system fan, as is my wife, but SHE does the tech stuff....trust me here....I don't know a 'download' drom a diaper.
wacko.gif
If ANYone wants to PM me, or do it HERE, and tell me just WHAT these things ARE and how they WORK, I'll be forever indebted!!

Just ONE question: (humor a guy that grew up with 2600 and NES and is still fascinated by the Sega Nomad system..)

1.) Does this device R E A L L Y enable a person to play LIMITLESS games from classic systems on an SP or a DS system? .......(tries to not faint....)..........
Yeah, there are good emulators for the more popular retro system, like Gameboy/colour, Genesis, and NES(for everything else there are ones in the PC).

Thanks!
smile.gif

A.R.
Flashcarts allow you to run backups(called ROMs) of commercial games and use homebrew applications(such as emulators) on your Nintendo DS(or DSi), from a MicroSD card.
Just a few things to get you started:
1. NEVER ask where to get ROMs from(use Google instead).
2. There are many different flashcarts available, the best ones are: the Acekard 2i, the M3izero, and the CycloDS Evolution(doesn't work on DSi).
3. Whatever flashcart you buy, avoid R4's(they're low quality).

I realise this is not very detailed, for more info visit the "NDS - Flashing Hardware and Software", "NDS - Emulation", and "NDS - Homebrew Games & Applications" sections of the forum.

These people can help:
ProtoKun7, TrolleyDave, The Pink Cat Boy, Rockstar, DarkWay, Davess, Overlord Nadrian, ifish, Hatsuyuki-Subs!!

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Roussimoff said:

Not as far as I know. they can play some of them trough a emulator (homebrew for the DS) but my experience has been bad with those (tried to play super metroid, but some roms would freeze in the intro screen or would slowdown or .... the sound up)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-