Hacking Hello Good People! little problem

tuscani01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good Morning,

Let me explain my problem, I am trying to run IOS games that I converted to the right format via the wii backup manager through my USB drive. Now when I plug my USB drive no games show up. I even tried to change to "directory" of the games to USB1 in the WII settings but it is not letting me change from SD to USB.

I followed this guide ( under all this text) and downloaded USB LoaderGX and the cISO Installer.

Not sure what the problem is but I found my old wii and my old games that were all scratched up and no longer in working condition so I downloaded the roms to replace the disks
If anyone could kindly help me I would highly appreciate it!
Thank you

Last edited by tuscani01,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
well, plenty of usb sticks don't work, you might try an external hdd or other usb stick.. (i got a wd elements usb 3, it works wonderfully with my wii and a ps3 i used to have)
make sure the drive is not in GPT, it needs to be in MBR, and fat32 not EXfat, some loaders do support NTFS
the drive should be plugged in the lower usb port in case your cIOS is not the ALT version

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can already see one problem if you used that video. It directs you to the Complete Softmod Guide, which has bad advice for installing d2x.

And ALL of your discs are scratched?

tuscani01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, plenty of usb sticks don't work, you might try an external hdd or other usb stick.. (i got a wd elements usb 3, it works wonderfully with my wii and a ps3 i used to have)
make sure the drive is not in GPT, it needs to be in MBR, and fat32 not EXfat, some loaders do support NTFS
the drive should be plugged in the lower usb port in case your cIOS is not the ALT version

hmm yes i did check if my USB was compatible through the website. I got the "PNY Attaché 32gb" and was formatted with fat 32.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can already see one problem if you used that video. It directs you to the Complete Softmod Guide, which has bad advice for installing d2x.

And ALL of your discs are scratched?

lol most of them yes, i only had 5 left. all the best sellers and it ended up in a child's hands, thus scratches all over

is there a better guide? some people said that it worked for them but for me it did not

i appreciate the help and the comments
thank you

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That guide is fine for d2x, just don't install beta53. Use beta52 for any slots you install it in, or preferably just use v8 if you have a real Wii. You have to use v10 if you have a Wii U.

You're probably not going to have very good luck with a flash drive, though.

tuscani01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That guide is fine for d2x, just don't install beta53. Use beta52 for any slots you install it in, or preferably just use v8 if you have a real Wii. You have to use v10 if you have a Wii U.

You're probably not going to have very good luck with a flash drive, though.
ok so maybe first i could try using an external hard drive and if that fails then ill look into using a HHD.

Any clue why i cannot change the directory in the settings of USBloaderGX? it seems that all of my directory is set to SD and i cannot change it to USB1. I think that why its not picking it up

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That could mean it doesn't recognize the partition/drive. As I said, flash drives do not work well with Wii homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?