Hello (again).

Kraid3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Again" because I was a member here long ago but apparently this place went through a big enough overhaul that the member list got deleted. In any case, I'm primarily interested in cheats for Switch games, particularly for somewhat obscure ones that haven't been updated (both the games and the cheats themselves). Maybe some emulation on said Switch too. I hope my future requests regarding the former are filled, no matter how long it takes. Thank you for having me.

Kraid3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but truthfully I can't recall if I ever posted here. I'm certain I joined over a decade ago due to the Wii hacking scene. I no longer have said Wii (I think) but I wonder how that is these days.

Reactions: HawaiianInTown

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii cfw is software based, not sure if your adventures in Wii mods entailed a modchip or not. The Wiidual is cheaper if you want native HDMI output.

EDT: That's a modchip that slightly requires technical skills.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you're wondering how's the Wii scene currently:

- It's almost possible to play the entire PS1 library in Wii.
- CPS3 and NEOGEO Arcade games can be played via RetroArch alongside the near entirety of Mame2003 romset.
- People thinks Wii Dev Menu v1.0.wad is a WiiWare game so they're installing it on their systems without BootMii, Priiloader or NAND Backup.
- Wiimote still won't connect to BootMii 🥺
- Sonic Mania is almost perfect in Wii.
- People still can't figure out how USB Loader works. There's Black Screen in USB Loader GX every 5 minutes.
- People hasn't figured out how to add more stupid songs in RockBand, Guitar Hero, whatever music game you name.
- People don't know how to install DLC in their Wiis without bricking their consoles.
- People get angry at MarioCube, wants to cancel the site for not warning users that Wii Dev Menu isn't a WiiWare game.
- People still wants Meinkampf, Forknife and Terraria for Wii.
- People still wants a way to unbrick their consoles without BootMii, Priiloader or NAND Backup.

Last edited by JuanMena,

Kraid3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh. I did emulate PS1 way back then and Symphony on the Night, while playable, ran like molasses. Somehow my cousin and I finished it under such conditions. Guess we were that amazed. I imagine it's much better now. Tales of Phantasia however, saw no such luck. I run a CFW Switch these days Thank God for V1, though I surprisingly saw some used ones in Gamestop labelled as such! Tempted to buy it as a spare just in case but I'm too stingy with money. Also, I was was out of state at the time and barebone ones (no dock, no joycons) are a paltry $100 on eBay (shipping notwithstanding).

Main purposes of course is emulation and cheats without the fear of ban...well, the former. Never did the latter as I really need them up to date for the latest DLCs/updates for the games I want them for. I understand lesser/obscure games are neglected. The furthest I emulated is the PSP, but its independent emulator. Not Retroarch. For some reason, the text fails to show up when booting the ISO on that particular core. Runs SNES without a sweat, but that's no surprise. Especially wanna know how well N64 games run on the Switch's Retroarch. Soon I want to get the hang of compiling those Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time PC ports to the Switch, but I suck at coding and cmd and so on. Will likely need my hand held once that time comes.

In any case, do people seriously not do a NAND backup? Much less put it in a safe place?

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1704222335518.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrAllagrande @ MrAllagrande: this chat is public?