Heads up!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Inuuto, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Inuuto
    OP

Inuuto Enigmatic

Feb 2, 2010
    United States
    Undernet
    So, I've just received a Spotpass from Nintendo with the 3DS update. Apparently, it automatically downloads when you connect to wifi. All you you need to do is agree to the update and it will update your system. Just wanted to give a heads up for anyone who may not be aware of this.I have 6.3 and I don't intend to go any higher. Youtube was worth it for me.

Here's a snippet:

Create a Nintendo Network ID

"If you have system update 2.0.0-2U or higher, you don't need to do anything except agree to the update. This update will be downloaded automatically when you are in range of a wireless Internet connection and Spotpass is enabled."

2. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    lol This info and feature is old as hell. Haven't you seen all the posts about update prompts?

3. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    I'm pretty sure it has been this way for much longer, actually. You just usually don't get noifications for it, it just downloads it.

4. heartgold

heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 11, 2009
    London
    yeah what others have said, also in some cases people have claimed it has auto installed as well.

5. Inuuto
    OP

Inuuto Enigmatic

Feb 2, 2010
    United States
    Undernet
    It never automatically downloaded for me. Every time I updated it was my decision to. Now the update is stuck on my 3DS lol This makes me wonder if Nintendo will eventually force users to update in order to use online features.

6. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    eShop says hi.

d4mation likes this.