Holy shit, this book is amazing!

Head first C#

Its like 10 dollars on Amazon. Awesome book :D

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Took a look as someone half versed in programming but not really anything in C# and with C/C++ leaving a lot to be desired. Interesting typesetting and the front matter as alternative contents is something that could work half well.

After the initial assessment I doubt it will edge out the "learn ? the hard way" books or the Apress "beginning ?" series and might not cater to all tastes but I could actually see it up there with them as a general thing. Equally I dare say it is aiming more for making people that can program rather than making computer scientists but that is not a bad thing as more programmers in the world can only be a good thing in the long run.

3. Metab.

Metab. Check my signature for the latest news on the 3DS

Mar 23, 2013
    I found it easier to learn by copy-pasting for a long time and slowly improving and using my own ideas.
    After about a year of that I could program reasonably well with C# and java

4. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    Its a lovely book but as a first language it can get tricky.
    If you are looking to make games, make sure you look into unity in the future as it supports c#.
    If you find the language difficult later on, keep at it. And if still, then shift to PHP (they have head first php mysql too)

Its the best book series that I have EVER seen. Brilliant and so very practical.
    Good luck and keep at it.

5. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    I'm in a course for C#, and they really recommend this book too. I've done a few chapters, haven't really put myself to it though, but it's really really good yeah.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice