United States
    Holy shit, this book is amazing!

Head first C#

Its like 10 dollars on Amazon. Awesome book :D

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Took a look as someone half versed in programming but not really anything in C# and with C/C++ leaving a lot to be desired. Interesting typesetting and the front matter as alternative contents is something that could work half well.

After the initial assessment I doubt it will edge out the "learn ? the hard way" books or the Apress "beginning ?" series and might not cater to all tastes but I could actually see it up there with them as a general thing. Equally I dare say it is aiming more for making people that can program rather than making computer scientists but that is not a bad thing as more programmers in the world can only be a good thing in the long run.

3. Metab.

Member Metab. Check my signature for the latest news on the 3DS

Australia
    I found it easier to learn by copy-pasting for a long time and slowly improving and using my own ideas.
    After about a year of that I could program reasonably well with C# and java

4. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    Its a lovely book but as a first language it can get tricky.
    If you are looking to make games, make sure you look into unity in the future as it supports c#.
    If you find the language difficult later on, keep at it. And if still, then shift to PHP (they have head first php mysql too)

Its the best book series that I have EVER seen. Brilliant and so very practical.
    Good luck and keep at it.

5. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    I'm in a course for C#, and they really recommend this book too. I've done a few chapters, haven't really put myself to it though, but it's really really good yeah.