Hardware HDMI adapter recommendations

athairus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone. I'm in the market for a new HDMI adapter for my Wii as the one I've got is starting to annoy me. This and the one I've owned before have audio clipping over 3.5mm, and the current one I have both doesn't fill the frame and has clamped black levels:

x2J4b4Kh.jpg

Might be hard to see, but the empty area around the game frame is a dark grey, not black like the rest of the monitor (Dell u2410).

I know most people recommend component, but I have every other device I own hooked into my monitor via HDMI and I'd like to keep the Wii in that chain.

Current adapter (480p):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007RKXN46

Former adapter (1080p/720p, bit the dust which led me to buy the current one):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0057UNPQO

There are SO many choices and they all appear to be variations of these two. Is there anything better? Perhaps a high-quality (but cheap) component to HDMI adapter? Or just a better HDMI adapter for Wii?

Thanks!

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The most famous one is Wii2hdmi as far as i know.

Did you try adjusting your monitor? You might be able to fix the black borders by going into the settings of your monitor.

Also, if I were you I'd use component, it's the best quality you're gonna get from the wii, upscaling really brings no benefit unless your tv has a crappy upscaler, plus with component you have no audio lag.

athairus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, my u2410 has a zoom setting that lets me zoom in most of the black border. But the fact that the Wii's framebuffer that was originally at somethingx480 when converted to analog and was shrunk a good amount by the adapter to make the digital signal that appears on my monitor at 720x480 means that some of those pixels in the game frame are several of the original pixels blended together. That much is obvious. Maybe there is no perfect D->A->D conversion, but is there anything better than what I've got?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night