HDD upgrade question

fringle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I format a new drive in the ps4 will the old drive still work if I put it in or does it change the encryption key? Attempting to clone a 500gb hdd to a 500gb ssd but there appears to be a slight size mismatch and the new ssd is about a 100mb to small. I've backed up the original drive using cloning software and am attempting a restore of all of the partitions one by one but have my doubts it will work. So, was thinking of formatting the new drive in the ps4 and then maybe restoring the partitions that way but don't want to loose access to the old drive in case that doesn't work.

Lestat___

Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you clone your hdd to your ssd drive,the ps4 doesn't see the difference, for ps4 the hdd and ssd drive are the same drive, so your hdd still work on the ps4

fringle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The problem is the clone won't work since the drives aren't quite the same size. Even though they are both 500gb the ssd is about a 100mb smaller. Think I'm just gonna clone it to a 1tb ssd and call the space I can't use a time saver and fix it at a future date with the ps4 backup utility.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch