HDD only loads during countdown via USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Lucas Ramos, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Lucas Ramos
    OP

Lucas Ramos Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2015
    Brazil
    Hello gamers!

I successfully installed USB Loader GX on my Wii and I can play all games without any problem.
    But one thing is still a pain in the arse for me.

My USB Loader GX 4.3 only recognizes my HDD if I connect it during the countdown. So every time I want to play a new game I have to disconnect the HDD, return to the couch, point at the screen at the loader and run to the console to attach the HDD again. Not very comfortable.

Is there any way to make it recognize the HDD when it is already attached to the Wii?

Last edited by Lucas Ramos, Oct 21, 2015
  2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    - Which version of USB Loader GX do you have? (not "latest", the revision number)
    - What USB drive do you have, and are you using a Y cable for power if it's self-powered?
    - What cIOSes do you have installed?

3. Lucas Ramos
    OP

Lucas Ramos Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2015
    Brazil
    Hey GreyWolf, thanks for helping me!

My USBLoader GX version is 2.2c IOS249 (Rev 21008) (d2x v8final base56)
    The HDD is a self-powered Toshiba USB 3.0
    About cIOSes installed: Sorry but I can't remember, it has a long time I softmodded my console. But I can tell for sure I have 222 and 249.

4. Wizardkoer

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    Isn't it meant to be like that? Like as far as I've known, I have to restart ULGX if I connect a new HDD.

EDIT: Sorry I misread your post, so you have to reconnect your HDD every time you start ULGX? hmmm... I believe I had this problem once, but then again after that I cleared all homebrew out by using my bootmii backup then rehacking everything since many things weren't working.

Last edited by Wizardkoer, Oct 26, 2015
  5. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    If it's bus powered it should have come with a USB Y-cable. You need to plug both of those into the Wii's ports. The drive may not be getting enough power to stay running while it's being accessed. You might also see if Toshiba has a utility that you can use to turn off any power saving features.

It's also possible the drive may not work with the Wii. :/

You can use the HDE SysCheck in this thread to get a list of what's installed.

Last edited by GreyWolf, Oct 26, 2015
  6. Lucas Ramos
    OP

Lucas Ramos Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2015
    Brazil
    Guys I'm really sorry about losing your time here. When GreyWolf asked me about the installed IOSes I reinstalled Pimp My Wii, updated it, performed a new checkup and TA DAAA... There were tons of cIOSes missing and outdated!

I downloaded it all and things are working fine now! No getting up from the couch when changing games from now on. My health send you its regards! hahaha

I bet the problem was outdated cIOSes not recognizing well a recently released HDD.

Thank you again for the help Wizardkoer and Greywolf

Last edited by Lucas Ramos, Oct 26, 2015
    GreyWolf likes this.
  7. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    That definitely can cause issues. My HDD enclosure made earlier versions of d2x to freeze all the time. Glad it's working for you!