HD or SD?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by R2DJ, Mar 16, 2009.

1. R2DJ
    OP

R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 30, 2008
    London
    OK so these are the 360 games that I own:
    • Lips
    • Guitar Hero World Tour
    • Halo 3
    • Ninja Gaiden 2
    • The Orange Box
    They are all optimised for HD and most importantly, they all use the 16:9 aspect ratio.

I am currently using a 17" standard monitor for Xbox 360 gaming. I use a VGA cable, 1280 x 1024 (optimum res) and it looks superb. Everything looks clear and all that but these are the drawbacks:
    • Since I am using the monitor for PC as well, I have to plug and unplug cables, which is a bit of a hassle.
    • Screen is a bit small (I found it too small for Halo 3)
    • In some games i.e. Guitar Hero, I get black bars just to retain the widescreen aspect ratio.
    Before I used the monitor for my 360, I used a 44" CRT RPTV. I use a RGB SCART cable on it, which is good. Everything's alright as well but here are the drawbacks:
    • 480i and only 480i. Not HD, obviously
    • I think it has overscan so the picture may look to be too big for the screen.
    • I use a 5.1 surround for gaming with the monitor and this telly only has Dolby Virtual.
    I'm asking you people on which display should I stick with. The 17" one or the 44" one?

2. geminisama

geminisama Metsu

Jul 17, 2008
    United States
    Oregon
    The 17", especially if you ever decide to buy some of the rpgs.

3. Radiopools

Radiopools Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2009
    United States
    OH - USA
    Yeah I would def stick to the 17" monitor, much easier to deal with and it sounds like the picture is fine [​IMG]

4. HokageNaruto

HokageNaruto GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2008
    United States
    ya i'd stick with the 17". Playing halo on a screen that size isnt that bad [​IMG]