HBC :)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by mike333, Dec 7, 2012.

Dec 7, 2012

HBC :) by mike333 at 8:30 PM (7,046 Views / 0 Likes) 43 replies

1. mike333
    OP

Member mike333 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Poland

2. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    awesome

3. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Very nice.

Does this mean that any apps on the SD card will have AHBPROT settings?

4. TobiasAmaranth

Member TobiasAmaranth GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Cool. Now lemme know when Riivolution and WAD installers work and all will be right with the otherwise uselessness of vWii.

5. gamecaptor

Member gamecaptor R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!

United States
    Interesting....

6. Nemesis90

Member Nemesis90 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So i've never used smash stack before, does the 24hr wait still apply with the smash service being offline now?

7. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    AHBPROT is disabled for apps loaded through HBC, yes. But note that vIOS have added protections, meaning stuff like patched IOS cannot be installed, even with AHBPROT (at least, not without additional IOS runtime patching). Also note that this is not a bad thing; there's a reason TT removed all apps that patch IOS from WiiBrew.

But yes, apps that use AHBPROT (but that don't use it to install permanently patched IOS) should work.

Riivolution has already been updated to work in a private build, it just hasn't been made public yet (probably undergoing testing etc. before public release). Note that tueidj, who provided the IOS exploit for the new HackMii Installer, is part of the team behind Riivolution, so it's quite possible it'll use the same exploit when updated. (Rather than wasting two holes).

As for WAD installers; well I don't really care too much about them. Maybe if there's one that uses AHBPROT it'd already work (although not for installing IOS or SM; vIOS block installation of those).

8. Wiiman10

Newcomer Wiiman10 Member

United States
    What does this all mean as of right now? Will we be able to use usb loaders and homebrew in wii mode, in the near future?

9. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    You can use most homebrew now, but nothing that requires a cIOS.

10. Wiiman10

Newcomer Wiiman10 Member

United States
    So basically as of right now, we can't use usb loaders then. Hopefully they will figure out a way soon enough.

11. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    you can use some USB Loaders (such as Wiiflow mod which updated to use vWii) but not to play Wii games. You can use it for emulators frontend, or launch retail/imported Wii game disc.
    You can't play Wii games from iso/wbfs, which require cIOS to redirect drive access.

12. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    Meh, I don't care that much. I like using a USB loader as there are benefits of speed and convenience, but they aren't necessary. What I am excited about is a media player.

The one reason I hope for a cIOS is that, unless 58 is more compatible with HDD's, then I won't be able to play video files without them skipping. 202 base 60 has shown the best results for my HDD.

13. Wiiman10

Newcomer Wiiman10 Member

United States
    I see. Thanks.

14. Nintendo Maniac

Member Nintendo Maniac GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I thought Multi-Mod Manager didn't need IOS exploits? I was able to a wad through it on my Wii that only had the HBC + bootmii on system menu 4.3U.

15. SifJar

United Kingdom
    Like I said, I don't really care. As I also said, if there's one that uses AHBPROT maybe it would already work.

My only other comment on the matter is that Multi-Mod Manager should be avoided like the plague, I don't know how many bricks I have read about thanks to that thing. It's a poorly coded mash up of a bunch of outdated software.

16. 9thSage

Member 9thSage GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you've never connected Smash Bros to the internet, you don't have to wait.

17. pwsincd

Member pwsincd Garage Flower

United Kingdom
    My only other comment on the matter is that Multi-Mod Manager should be avoided like the plague, I don't know how many bricks I have read about thanks to that thing. It's a poorly coded mash up of a bunch of outdated software.

what do you recommend ?

18. SifJar

United Kingdom
    Well, quite frankly, I don't recommend anything. There is pretty much nothing that is done with that thing that I feel has any merit. If you need to do anything with IOS (which generally you shouldn't), I advise dop-Mii. Other than that most of it's "features" seem to be related to piracy, and I don't care in the slightest about that.

19. pwsincd

Member pwsincd Garage Flower

United Kingdom
    yeah i know you dont care for piracy , its in most threads you post lol. and iterated in your "not a pirate" comment. If im not interested in a certain subject generally its not something i reply to. But should someone want to play legit backups on their systems this would be the avenue they need to take. MMM seems fine and dandy though i aint ever used it past my origianl softmod.

20. Supercool330

Member Supercool330 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Just to thow in my two cents, MMM is horrible (not quite as bad as PMW but close). If you have to use something, use dop-Mii. I have heard really good things about WiiMod as well, but I haven't ever used it.