Hacking HBC wont load apps over USB

Annieone23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i turned on my wii for the first time in a few weeks, and now all of a sudden the hbc wont load apps off of the external hdd usb. i had my wii on and working perfectly as recently as when super mario galaxy 2 came out, and i havent updated anything since then and im really perplexed as to why this doesnt work.

i plugged the hdd into my pc and the 100g ntfs partition comes up, with all the files and everything. the apps folder is in the root and nothing has changed there afaik.

i havent used my wii in a little while and i cant remember if there is a config file for the hbc i might be missing now or whatnot so yeah. any help is appreciated, thank you very much. oh and also my hdd is plugged into the usb port closest to the outside of the wii, altho i tried it both ways just to make sure my mind wasnt playing tricks on me. thanks a bunch!

Annieone23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes..... i have both triiforce and hbc apps on there. triiforce alone takes up quite a bit. and before you say oh thats the problem, bear in mind that i had this exact set up working for months previously.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Pakatus said:
yeah yeah...im hogging the thread.
But new HBC can't read my 1000 Gb FAT32 disk too...and it used to.
have u tried more than once? I had the same issue for a few minutes, then reloaded to the SM, then opened up the HBC again, and it worked no problem and continued to work thereafter

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Same for me. USB not working anymore. Tried several times but no success. Also the HBC cant get back to the system-menu it just reboots.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
Pakatus said:
have u tried more than once? I had the same issue for a few minutes, then reloaded to the SM, then opened up the HBC again, and it worked no problem and continued to work thereafter

Yeap...i'm not even "allowed" to choose USB device in HBC menu.
Guess its a too much big partition for it.

Have to try with smaller partitions.

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Pakatus said:
XFlak said:
Pakatus said:

Yeap...i'm not even "allowed" to choose USB device in HBC menu.
Guess its a too much big partition for it.

Have to try with smaller partitions.
No mine is only 3GB and it isnt working either. Maybe the surprise is that no USB-drives with a WBFS-partition on it are working.

Troelzkii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After updating to 1.07 from 1.06 my 100% FAT32 USB drive isn't reconized any more... So I guess this has nothing to do with WBFS partitions...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F