Hacking HBC, Apps, and SDHC

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been trying to troubleshoot this for a bit. I am wondering if anyone can help. I used to use a 2gb SD card for everything and it was great. Now I have an 8gb SDHC card because System Menu 4.1U, HBC 1.0.5, and Guitar hero 5/Beatles Rock Band are all supposed to support SDHC.

GH5 saves to the card fine. SM can transfer channels to it fine (although the forwarders I had saved on the other card (which I just copied) are not there). HBC sees all the apps when I run it, and I can start the programs. None of the programs can mount the SDHC card. It is formatted FAT32, of course, and it is the only partition. Also, after I close a program and return to HBC, then it sees no apps, no matter if I reload, and the network will not initialize (it would before). Also, when I return to the SM, the disc channel will not see the retail disc that is in there.

Setup:
Early console
BootMii 0.5 as boot2
HBC 1.0.5
preloader 0.29
rev14
no CIOSCorp
updated IOS56 (or 57 -- the one for GH5)

Is it just that I need a differeny SDHC card (not as cheap) or is it something else?

Thanks

D

Deleted-171178

Not all programs have SDHC support.
Theres very little you can do to fix it.

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well, the other thing is that the programs i have tried say that they do support it, such as ftpii 0.0.19 and the newest Homebrew Browser, and WAD manager 1.5 or WAD manager MOD.

Any other ideas?

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's exactly my question. Should I just get another card? Do other people see this same thing and is it fixed by trying a new card? I'd rather know before I shell out another $30.

damnesiac

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are you using IOS 249 to run HBC?

Sorry to hijack but this could be related. My wii is the opposite. GH5 won't see the SDHC card, but HBC and the SM and everything else will see it fine. Is this because I haven't updated/patched IOS 56 and instead am using IOS 222 instead of ISO 249 to run GH5?

HOw did you update/patch IOS 56 for GH5?

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know what IOS I'm using to run HBC. Whatever the standard one is, I guess (I think it's IOS60). No CIOSCorp and I have patched IOS56 (error #002 before I patched it). GH5 (and apparently Beatles {not that there is any DLC}) uses the card fine, and it almost seems like HBC uses it OK, but it's almost like it reloads IOS or something.

Ideas?

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just an update for anyone that has this problem. It was the card. I bought a Sandisk SDHC card instead and copied everything over. Everything works now, except I have to find now forwarder channels for some reason.

Small price to pay, I guess.

I suggest checking the HBC SD/SDHC compatibility list before buying cards. It would have saved me some annoyance.

Hope this helps someone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-