HBC and Wiiflow help

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by jory4u2nv, Aug 26, 2010.

Aug 26, 2010

HBC and Wiiflow help by jory4u2nv at 6:20 AM (1,424 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. jory4u2nv
    OP

Newcomer jory4u2nv Member

Philippines
    Hi GBAtemp,

I just bought a Wii yesterday and I'm new to the softmodding scene. My Wii was already soft modified when I bought it and it came pre installed with Wiiflow. I've been reading the forums before I bought my console because I wanted to learn the process of installing USB loaders, emulators, GC backup loader and stuff. From what I understood, you need to have the homebrew channel installed on your Wii before installing Wiiflow or any other USB loaders, but, on my Wii menu, the HBC does not show up. Can anybody please shed some light on this? Does this mean that I need to install the HBC manually so that I can install other USB loaders/GC backup loader/emulators on my Wii?

Thanks in advance!

2. terminal_illness

Member terminal_illness Dark Hadou Master

Canada
    if you are on 4.2 or earlier use bannerbomb to install hbc ...

if you are on 4.3 use smashstack or indiana pwns.

matter of fact i would follow the stickied guide by xzero to "remod" your wii.. just to be sure everything was done properly before you bought it.

3. Dter ic

Member Dter ic ~

United Kingdom
    yes you can install other gc/wii backup launchers. if the wii doesn't have the hbc installed, you cn youse the indianapwns or smashstack(ntsc) or giantpunes discovery of the combo of mkwii and indiana pwns trick.

exampke backup launchesL:wiiflow:usb gx: neogamma:softchip ect

4. metalashell

Newcomer metalashell Member

United Kingdom
  5. jory4u2nv
    OP

Newcomer jory4u2nv Member

Philippines
    thanks for all the replies guys. installing the HBC requires an SD card right? do I have to format the card or is it ok if my card has a lot of files in it?