hb title blocked by parental settings

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by DarkRioru, Aug 5, 2017.

1. DarkRioru
    OP

DarkRioru Akage Chan's Servent

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    Fluffing Akage Chan's Tail
    my cousins 2ds has b9s with latest updates and how the heck do I get homebrew titles to work with parental settings on (can't turn them off for personal reasons)

2. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    I believe you would need to compile them youself after editing the templetes. I'll look at it quick.

3. Kyusetzu

Kyusetzu Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2016
    Germany
    Germany
    I would recommend to turn them off to get the titles & turn them on after you are finished.

4. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    After looking at FBI, I cant really find anything that would make the cia age requirement to go up or down. So I agree with you here

Kyusetzu likes this.
  5. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Why should it be an installer's job to edit the age rating? (which is multiple layers deep anyway - it's part of the icon, which is inside the exefs, inside the first ncch of the title)

Two solutions: either extract cia>ncch>romfs>icon, edit the age, and repack; or if compiling from source, just set a different age in the call to makerom/smdhtool

Last edited by Ryccardo, Aug 5, 2017
  6. DarkRioru
    OP

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    do I find this in godmode9?

7. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    No, option 2 is compile-time, aka "ask the developer or someone skilled in compiling 3ds homebrews if he can please build one for you"

Option 1 can be done on your computer with some free time and the will to research and learn the basic architecture of 3DS applications

8. DarkRioru
    OP

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    ok I guess I'll have to ask smealum to make a hbc cia that's usable and the creator of freeshop which username escapes me atm... to make a cia for that... its weird how we don't have access to do this in fbi or godmode9