Hacking Haxchi error message "-4" - I am going crazy!

Darkfrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
Hey guys,
I have been trying for days now to softmod my Wii U. I am on version 5.5.2, so i was very happy when i finally managed to install Haxchi yesterday and was able to enter all the homebrew functions.
After everything was up and running, my friend came by my house with a bigger SD card. So i did a format on the new SD card, and straight copied all the files from the old SD card to the new one, with the same file structure and everything.

I then inserted the new SD card in my Wii U and launched Haxchi, but then my screen goes black and it says "-4".
If i insert my old SD card in the Wii U and launch Haxchi, everything works just fine.
This frustrates me to no end, haha :P I googled a bit and only found 1 relevant post, which said that i was using an old version of Haxchi, but its the same version on both SD cards.. so i cant understand why it wont work. Have you guys heard of this before and maybe know what the problem is? =D

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Make sure you copied every single file from the old card to the new one, even those hidden files that Windows keeps... duh... hidden.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minus errors are SD card issues.

Obviously your friends SD is the cause. Not all SD cards work with Wii U. Some are fake and labeled as real.

Also, as others has said, make sure the SD is formatted as fat32. Not exfat or ntfs

Darkfrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
The SD card is formatted as exFAT. I think the other SD card is also exFAT, but i will try to format the new one as FAT32 and see.

I had no idea about the hidden files either so i will see if there are some hidden files i have not transferred.
Thanks for the replies guys =D I will give it another go now!

Edit: I just tried running guiformat on the new SD card and formatted it as FAT32, then i copied the old SD card over on it and now it seems to be working! =D But here is the weird part; the other SD card is not formated as FAT32, but exFAT but it still works. I guess thats why i got sloppy and skipped that step with the new card, and look how much trouble it caused me! Shortcuts are never good, haha.

Thank you so much for the help!

Last edited by Darkfrog,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exFAT is absolutely NOT compatible with Wii U. You're missing something somewhere.

There's no way your other card is exfat and works on Wii u.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: :)